on 28 May 2017
The selection of tracks is fantastic, with some great artists, although I wanted it particularly the Love theme to "A Summer Place" by Max Steiner. However, I have been playing it a lot over the last few weeks. This is a quality recording and the price for a two CD Set is amazing. Treat yourself, it is worth it. Would highly recommend.
on 14 July 2013
This CD arrived in the middle of winter while I was nursing a heavy cold. I played it then to remind me of summer, the same reason why I love playing Rodrigo in the winter, but now that a well above average summer has arrived I can say that these CDs can provide a marvellous accompaniment to many a summer activity. It includes a number of short pieces like Butterworth's Banks of Green Willow and Elgar's Chanson de Matin, the most summery piece of music I know, Coates' By the Sleepy Lagoon, which sounds much nicer when it's not a radio programme sinature tune, and a whole host of other favourites including an absolutely exquisite Serenade by Haydn. I'm not madly keen on compilations but this one is definitely worth buying.
on 20 May 2017
Great cd's, price and service. Many thanks. G:
on 15 May 2017
good selection
on 10 September 2012
A well chosen range of many classic favourites. Excellent background music for those more intimate evenings...and very easy on the ear, with many lovely harmonies throughout.
on 22 March 2015