OK, but not the best in this interesting series, where jazz classics are messed around with (in a good way, if you're not too precious about your classics) by present-day producers.
I've listened to the whole series on Spotify, and Vol 1 is my favourite and ideal for summertime / barbecue chilled listening. But then again, having to choose Christmas-themed tracks greatly narrows the choice down from Verve's extensive premium jazz back catalogue. Includes an interesting-but just OK -reggaefied Billie Holiday track.
Music quality on this particular Xmas-slanted volume is a bit variable, although SILENT NIGHT (it's not very silent!) and the Mel Torme remix are pretty good. Give everything a fewe listens before judging. A couple - tracks 5 and 7 - are unlistenable for me. So best to listen to everything first.
Actual sound quality (hi-fi-ness) is good, considering the age of some tracks. 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- Original Release Date: 1 Jan. 2008
- Release Date: 1 Dec. 2008
- Label: Decca (UMO)
- Copyright: ℗ This Compilation 2008 The Verve Music Group, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc. © 2008 The Verve Music Group, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
- Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier. Learn more.
- Total Length: 47:05
- ASIN: B001N27TTY
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 128,068 in Albums (See Top 100 in Albums)