2011 Version 7" Cheapest Apad WM8650 Tablet PC Android 2.2 Froyo Supports Flash 10.1 Camera WiFi ePad MID
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
Support External 3G Build in GPS Support FLASH 10.1
Top Customer Reviews
- To clear up potential confusion. WM8650 refers to WonderMedia (WM)and 8650 is the type of processor in the tablet.
- If your going to root (advised) do your homework, an hour of reading will save ALOT of hassle. I used uberoid v9 option 8.
- Battery indicator does not say how much battery is left, I don't know if this is just my tablet but it is not useful and it will suddenly die on you.
- The tablet is very slow. Takes ages to do anything, but again, you get what you pay for.
- The touch screen is very finicky, trying to type with it can test your patience to the limit!
- Whatever you do, DO NOT REMOVE the thin film cover on the screen until you have brought a proper replacement. The actual screen I managed to scratch with my thumb nail, this is no exaggeration. It now has numerous scratches after only half a day of use.
If your looking for a basic tablet then this is worth a go as long as you do not expect too much but I do find it frustrating to use. I would not recommend it to friend.
I hope people find this useful and can make an informed decision!
I had great problems with the installed operating system, it would not connect to the market at all. So i updated to UBEROID V9 and had troubles identifying which version of the tablet to use (Choices 1, 2) but neither worked properly. saw somewhere in the literature that choice 8 works . tried that and it installed and ran great.
Now I have kindle installed, and some text readers, games, and other apps.
A word about the recommended case - the one with the integrated keyboard. it is a good case, but there is a bad design - there seems to be nowhere for the USB connector to live, so it hangs around getting in the way, or stops the case closing entirely. So i am going to invest another few quid in a pouch case - with pockets to store the lil SD's and the honking great USB/Ethernet adapter that fits in the side(Another bad design). BTW. the internal Wifi is a little finicky... as mentioned in other reviews, the antenna is tiny so has difficulty picking up a strong signal... you really need to be on Ethernet to connect to the market.
The Apad itself is absolutely fine for the price and I can only agree with the other reviews. I have not done a lot with it yet but was very easily able to connect to my wireless router and get on the Internet. I have only had one temporary freeze up - which sorted itself out (and thats just computers for you anyway). I was "chuffed" to be able to sit on my sofa and watch the extremely scary "camino del ray" video on YouTube, and felt that now digital technology was a bit more fun - and for a pretty low price. You do really need to use a stylus or a fingernail on the screen as its not great with your fingers, like say an iPad - but, for this price, so what? The only thing (apart from the "evil" UK mains socket converter) was that to use a USB device you have to plug this "thing" (about cigarette lighter size) into the unit first.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
cheap product. the charger broke within days of having the tablet and it was slow and didnt load things very well.Published 18 months ago by margaret chadwick
You get what you pay for I am afraid,
Very slow , web connectivity isn't very good, screen easily scratched wish i had paid the extra and got a brand name. Read more
Please can you tell me if you can use micro sim card for the internet on this device I like itPublished on 5 Feb. 2014 by penny dipre