- Hardcover: 130 pages
- Publisher: NAG Press; 1st Edition edition (31 Dec. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0719804000
- ISBN-13: 978-0719804007
- Product Dimensions: 14.5 x 2 x 21.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
513,075 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #55 in Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Restoration & Maintenance
- #104 in Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject > Clocks & Watches
- #431 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
The Verge Pocket Watch: Its History, Development and Maintenance Hardcover – 31 Dec 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Chris Barrow has been an electronic design engineer for thirty years. For the past twenty-five years or so, he has been restoring and repairing pocket watches, and for the past six years has run a successful web-based business selling restored pocket watches. He is fascinated by the intricate and often beautiful mechanisms of the evolving pocket watch, from the 18th century verge to the precision lever movement of the early 20th century. He sees it as his mission to rescue these lovely things from the scrapheap and to restore them to working order for the enjoyment of others. Chris lives in Leicester with his partner Anne and their two moggies. He is also a lover of wood, being an enthusiastic carpenter and furniture maker in his spare time.