Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Size: 8GB|Change

on 6 January 2012
I've read a lot of reviews with micro sd cards not meeting expectations with their class. This is not the case with Verbatim.

I took the liberty to do a speed test (using H2testw):

Warning: Only 15270 of 15271 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 14.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 16.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I think the results speak for itself =D. Not to mention it is decently priced.
Works very well with my ASUS Transformer.
on 26 March 2012
First class memory card. Purchased from Kikatek, excellent service. SPEED TEST WITH FLASH MEMORY TOOLKIT: READ 19.6 MB/s WRITE 15.9 MB/s.
Really good value for money.

GREAT CARE MUST BE TAKEN WHEN REMOVING FROM PACKAGING. I USED A HOBBY KNIFE AND CUT THE PACKAGING AROUND THE CARD, THEN LIFTED THE CARD AND HARD PLASTIC COVER FROM THE BLUE CARDBOARD THEN WITH A LITTLE GENTLE COAXING IT CAME OUT OF THE PLASTIC.
on 21 March 2012
Let the numbers speak:

Total space: 14.90GB
Available space: 14.90GB
(as you can see technically it's 15GB not 16GB)

Samsung 8Gb Class 2 (my old one)
.............................................

Reading speed: 13.1 MByte/s

Verbatim 16Gb Class 10
...............................

h2testw 1.4
Writing speed: 12.7 MByte/s (+ 7.22)
Reading speed: 16.6 MByte/s

SD Tools 2.4
Writing speed: 8.7 MByte/s ( + 3.2)
Reading speed: 19.4 MByte/s

In conclusion we have a ~45-50% increase in writhing speed.
As we can see in reality, the 2 vs 10 class gap is not dramatic at all.
I bet that the difference between class 10 and 4 will be even less significant.

Whit that being said, I will recommend the SanDisk 32Gb class 4 for the awesome price of 20 quid.

As for me I'm utterly satisfied with my purchase, but... not blown away.
on 14 December 2011
I chose this because it's class 10, which means at least a 10MB/s transfer speed. So far it hasn't gone below 12MB/s.
It gives 14.9Gb of free space, and works as expected in my Nokia C2-01.
Using a generic USB adapter from amazon to connect to a PC, as it doesn't come with one.
on 3 December 2012
Bought for the name and worked perfectly for a few weeks, then just stopped. Had it in my Galaxy Ace. Replaced with a 4GB cheaper item, now fine. Have bought Verbatim on numerous occasions with great success, this item has sadly let them down.
on 6 December 2012
Just be careful how you open it because it is too delicate and you could brake it.
Verbatim packaging is not helping
on 28 January 2014
what can i say it's an sdhc card, it perfoms as expected' not like one I bought previously which was not as fas as this card. saying that I did not perform any speed tests on the card, but it performs fast enough for me.
on 8 October 2016
Didn't work for the purpose I wanted it to (android phone) and wasn't recognised properly by my laptop either. Shows the size of card fine 28.9 (32gb) fine but availability/free space fail to load any info. Tried formatting it using all sorts of apps and guides, partitioning it in case it was an Android issue as I know without root some devices can't write to SD and mucking around with everything I could think of! When you try to send a file to the card it says complete then the card remains blank but the file deletes from the computer/android so I gave up as was going in circles getting nowhere rather than plug and play!! Even ended up rooting android device and still never worked. Will try in camera and if it don't work there it'll be going back to Amazon If they accept it without packaging or in the bin!

Packed very well and easily opened with scissors just cut a square around the card leaving a gap obviously so not to damage card. Most micro sd cards are packaged in this manner to prevent theft or them slipping out as they are tiny so dont get why everyone has packaging issues they aren't designed to be opened with your teeth if that's what you're trying.
on 10 November 2012
I've been running this in my Blackberry Bold 9700 and then my Galaxy S2 for just over 1.5 years, its fast and I use it to store pictures and music. Not much more to say about it really except that this isn't using poor quality flash storage.
on 30 June 2012
Best microsd i ever owned, definately satisfied with the card, the digging up and of course, amazon service...

Sd tools gave a top performance of 11.1 Mb write / 20.1 Mb read on my (huge - no more) Dell Streak (see photos as proof), so
i don't have any more the problem with lost frames when recording 720p videos...Former card was bundled class 4.
So for ~10£ don't hesitate a moment...GO for it!!!

(P.S. Getting the card out of its "packaging" was by far the most miserable thing i've ever done...Extremely cautious...)
review image review image