- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 4840 KB
- Print Length: 618 pages
- Publisher: University of Chicago Press (15 May 2009)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004L623YA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #731,680 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£31.00|
Save £10.05 (32%)
The Venture of Islam, Volume 2: The Expansion of Islam in the Middle Periods Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is probably the most accessible of the three volume series, notable for its extraordinary analysis and insights into the similarities, differences and relationship between the medieval Occident and the Islamicate in the same era. Hodgson's world history perspective is now firmly established in academia, avoiding inappropriate European concepts in its analysis, such as feudalism, as well as the presumption that European hegemony is the apotheosis of cultural evolution.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > Middle East
- Books > History > Religious History > Islam
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Middle East
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > World
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Islam