on 28 January 2018
Does exactly what you'd expect.

Only issues are it feels a bit cheap and light but you won't be carrying it around, so no big deal. The main issue I have is with the lights on the front of the device. Venom have somehow devised the technology to compress two neutron stars and place them inside the charger which, while impressive, is absolutely blinding. I've had to tape covers over the radiation exhausts to stop my corneas from turning into blackened husks.
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 October 2017
Bought two of these, and was impressed at first, but one of the docks on one of the stations has started playing up and the controller has to be placed down extremely carefully a number of times before it will turn the light red and start charging. Your mileage may vary, I guess! Too late for a return, so who knows
EDIT: Changed to 5 stars as the lovely Sarah from Customer Service arranged to have a replacement item shipped out with no charge. Rating improved due to the supplier doing the VERY BEST I could have expected. Thank you.
on 19 August 2016
Had numerous problems using this however I have had it a fair few months and still working. It doesn't fully charge the batteries.... It repeatedly goes green as soon as I put my controllers on charge (saying it's fully charged when it is not) until I unplug it from Xbox and then plug it back in then it will charge which is annoying. I get a fair few hours of gameplay between charges but not great. 3 stars as it kinda works but it's not brilliant...... I'd recommend a play and charge kit. Oh and you can't charge a battery without it being in a controller unlike others on the market which isn't ideal if you only have one controller.
on 3 January 2018
Purchased for my son to charge his Xbox One s controllers as it was costing me a fortune in batteries. And the crafty so and so kept pinching the batteries from all the TV, Virgin, Blu-ray, Surround System remote controls and replacing them with his dead batteries!! (something which he denies)

He has had this docking station a year now and the rechargeable batteries are still going strong; and funnily enough I have not had to change the batteries in any of my remotes this past year.
VINE VOICEon 2 November 2017
Really poor.

The battery packs fit and remove fine and charging is both easy and convenient.

The base uses the old mini usb style not the micro one which could be problematic if you ever need a new cable.

Biggest fault was that after a full charge they lasted an hour or two before failure.

I'm currently using the Amazon basics one which is much better. Also have an xbox play and charge kit which is the best.
on 15 February 2017
These help soften the sour xbox taste. Purchased for my son who decided to jump from Playstation to Xbox last year.

After already frothing at the mouth over having to pay for him to be online my mood soon had me reaching for the bottle after discovering the controllers run on AA batteries! What a joke!

As with all charging docks it comes with it's own battery packs making the original battery covers redundant. If you ever plan on selling the controllers in the future you'll need to keep the covers in a safe place. Ours have endedup in the bin! Oh well.

Power is provided via a USB port and it has clear lighting to show when the controllers are charged. The dock is well designed and the controllers naturally adopt the correct position when stowed.

As it uses a USB port to charge you might need to consider a USB hub. We also have 2 wired controllers and a Lego Dimensions thing so had to buy a hub. All works well together, but that's a different review.
on 29 May 2017
As always great service from Amazon Prime. These Venom batteries and charging dock are great. I have had Venom batteries before but after awhile the micro usb charging socket becomes loose. These however are much better as they have small contacts on the rear of the batteries so they are just placed on to the dock as shown in the picture.
The batteries do hold a very good charge enabling a long playing session without re-charging,
on 10 March 2018
Returning as faulty. Nicely packaged item that was really light and looked simple to use. First charge went well. Nice indicator lights red when starting to charge and then green when fully charged. The battery lasted a good time for a recharge unit. Unfortunately when I went to charge it a second time the unit did not light up at all. I tried the second battery as we only have the one controller and still no lights on a brand new battery. As with anything electrical faults are expected and Amazon offer both refunds or replacements with no hassle. On this occasion we have opted for a refund and will try another brand.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 July 2016
These are a great offering for the price. It works flawlessly. Holds charge adequately and has been hassle free. Clear charging lights make it simple to use.
on 17 January 2018
I upgraded to an Xbox One this Christmas and as I had a charging unit for my 360 I decided I would get one suitable for the Xbox One. This is easy to use just plug into a USB and the battery packs supplied fit perfectly into the controllers and as it charges the lights on the front turn from red to green when fully charged. Definitely worth getting as it will save you a fortune in batteries.