on 18 January 2014
Don't read the review by itsNicki, because the stupid person ruins it by telling you whodunit, it certainly spoiled it for me.

I have read all the books in this series and have to say, this adds nothing to it. However, it is an entertaining quick read and you shouldn't let it put you off reading the other books, which are far meatier.
on 17 December 2013
The Bone Secrets books have started to grow on me and having finished the third book in the series, Buried, I was quite excited to get stuck into Kendra Elliot's short story, Veiled. It features Jack and Lacey who we met in the first book, Hidden. The love birds are spending the weekend at a hotel in Seaport that specialises in boutique weddings. Whilst contemplating the merit of the hotel as a wedding venue they discover a floating bride in the resort pool. The police are called and Jack is reunited with an old colleague and friend, Terry, who recently joined the police force as their Chief of Police. Before long, another body is found and Lacey is once again kidnapped and faces certain death.
Although the book was a quick read, I found it a mere straw man of Elliot's other books. It lacked a lot of meat and personality and those typical Elliot characteristics (violence, gore and twisting plots) to make it a thrilling read. I don't believe the book has added anything to the series and I could have even skipped this short story. Having said that, I'm really looking forward to Alone, the fourth book which is due for release in January 2014.
on 29 May 2015
Have just recently discovered Kendra Elliot and she is fabulous!
Reminds me of Nora Roberts style -thriller, a bit of romance - but most of all - characters you actually care about.

This short story was a very easy, enjoyable read and even though a continuation from another of her stories, can be read standalone.
on 5 July 2014
The only disappointment I had with this was that its only a novella, no sooner do you start to get into it than its over and this leaves you feeling a little lost.
On the plus side, it's great to have more of Lacey and Jack, it's written to Kendra's usual great standard and if you own the other stories its a must have.
on 11 October 2014
I've really like these books, they are well written, suspenseful, I couldn't put them down. The stories are well written & keep you gripped.....I am gradually making my way through all the books written by Kendra.......I would highly recommend this author......
on 22 March 2014
After reading Hidden, Buried, and Chilled I had to read Veiled and it was good - just not as riveting as the others. It was good to catch up with Lacey Campbell and Jack Harper and their romance but the story of why the murderer did what they did was a bit weak.
It wasn't too long a read.
on 11 May 2015
After reading the first 4 books in this series and throughly enjoying them I was looking forward to this novel. I was a sorry it was the last one and had high expectations as it was completing the series.
What a total disappointment, it was a short story but far too short, a weak story line....literally nothing happened. I read it in a couple of hours and it just made me angry that I'd invested in these books and for them to be ended in such a careless manner. I felt the author had to bang one more out but had lost interest. What a shame!
on 4 July 2016
Another cracking read from this brilliant author. Enjoyed old characters coming back from previous books to see how their lives have progressed and how they are woven into this storyline, which had another good ending.
on 23 September 2015
Oh dear I have now got to wait for the next one to be finished. Brilliant books I loved each of then. Happily reading knowing another followed. Now I have to wait bit it will be so worth it. Kendra I hope book seven and eight are in the planning stages
on 12 January 2015
Read this one out of sequence as it follows on with Jack and Lacey's story in Hidden, book 1 in Bone Secrets Series. Loved it and it was just as gripping. Hope Jack and Lacey will have more adventures later.