Vegetables, Herbs and Spices: Supplement to The Composition of Foods: Vegetables, Herbs and Spices Supplement to 4r.e Paperback – 1 Jan 1991
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Vegetables, Herbs and Spices lists over 450 foods. The extensive new analytical results provide nutrient data for the wider variety of vegetable foods now eaten, including processed vegetables such as those canned and frozen, the increasingly popular 'exotic' vegetables like okra and mange-tout, and those cooked by modern methods such as stir-frying. Supplementary tables are included for fatty acid totals (for saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats), new values for carotenoid fractions, and phytic acid, as well as a listing of taxonomic and alternative food names.
About the Author
David M. Buss received his Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkley in 1981. He began his career in academics at Harvard, later moving to the University of Michigan before accepting his current position as Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas. His primary research interests include human sexuality, mating strategies, conflict between the sexes, homicide, stalking, and sexual victimization. The author of more than 200 scientific articles and 6 books, Buss has won numerous awards including the "American Psychological Association (APA) Distinguished Scientific Award for Early Career Contribution to Psychology" (1988), the "APA G. Stanley Hall Lectureship" (1990), the "APA Distinguished Scientist Lecturer Award "(2001), and the "Robert W. Hamilton Book Award" (2000) for the first edition of "Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind." He is also the editor of the first comprehensive "Handbook of Evolutionary Psychology "(2005, Wiley). He enjoys extensive cross-cultural research collaborations and lectures widely within the United States and abroad.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Food & Drink > Diets & Healthy Eating > Low Fat
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Chemistry