on 15 May 2013
I currently live with my 76 year old mother and she is not in the best of health but does try and stay active. Along with myself I have my wife and 3 young kids aged between 9 months and 8 years old. So you can imagine the mess that is created several times a day and a need for constant vacuuming. I can honestly say this is the most powerful and convenient lightweight vacuum I have ever come across. I have been a Vax fan for many years having handheld and upright cleaners and carpet washers. I can say Vax have done it again with a 1st class product, Vax have created a product really thinking about the consumer. So what's so good about it? Well for a start it's so light!!! even my mother in her state of health is happy to use it and move it around, the directional movement makes it so easy to get around the room and with little effort whatsoever. And for the suction it's no less powerful than the big monsters that weigh several kilos and the noise is not like being in an industrial factory. The great feature of a one button touch to switch off the brush for hard floors is a treat and works a treat in the kitchen. The dust tank is ample for everyday use and the best thing is no messy paper filters to dust off or hand clean, just remove and empty the plastic container. I do genuinely feel this is a Dyson beater and would highly recommend this machine to anyone looking for a stylish easy to use powerful everyday vacuum
44 Comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2017
OK I have had this machine for 3 years now so this is a review of how I have got on with it. It does steer nice, it picks up dog hairs well (more on that in a minute) its not too heavy and filters the dust well. I have had to make some use of the 6 year guarantee however. The handle has broken, which they replaced, a little later the bin wouldn't seal, VAX replaced that as well, then I wanted a new brush which apparently wasn't available to buy on its own so they sent a new head unit again under warranty. I have 3 long haired dogs so have to vacuum every day and have found that the brush bristles are good at first but seem to soften after a while making it quite difficult to pick up dog hairs. Recently I rang again to try and purchase a new brush bar, this time they were less than helpful. The brush bar is still not available, When I was asked for the serial number I found that the new head they sent a while back was missing this. I told them this and they then said that without this I had no guarantee. Not my fault but they were not interested. They went on to say that I should try a new filter kit, It wasn't what I rang for but they wouldn't listen. I have since bought a filter kit from Amazon, made no difference. I will carry on with it for a bit longer then look at a Dyson I think.
on 4 June 2017
If I had reviewed this product when first bought I would have given five stars. A test drive on delivery found it light and easy, the articulation made difficult corners easy to access and had good suction. However ........the regular user has done nothing but moan about how heavy it is, and refuses to use it. It has sat there gathering dust.
I was recently asked to vacuum upstairs where we have deeper pile carpet and found it almost impossible to push, and I am no lightweight! It has no height adjustment, a major oversight in design. I am now getting used to the taste of humble pie!
In summary, ok for flat floors, or cord type carpet, useless for anything else.
on 10 February 2014
Overall the good points definitely outweigh the bad. It is excellent value, very light and maneuverable, and a pleasure to use. I've knocked off one star rating because of the extension hose. What were they thinking of when they designed that part? If they had simply made it one single piece of hose clipped to the main body of the machine it would have been perfect. Making half of it a solid pipe was just plain daft.

Addendum: Having used this for several months now I can say that it's not a bad hoover, but it's really not man enough for anything more than a small room. I think this really is a case of 'horses for courses'. If you have a small flat you will probably be delighted with this item, but if you've got a big house then this really isn't for you.
on 30 June 2014
Does all the things advertised but very difficult to pushl needs more mobility at suction end,
on 7 April 2014
The length of the hose should be longer, Cant wisely use the attachments with such a short suction hose. need to buy an extra length
on 6 August 2014
OK
on 2 July 2013
I like the swivel action to get around corners. Very easy to empty. Not too keen on the tools though - not enough reach on the hose and the mains cord would have been better if a bit longer. All in all I am satisfied with this product.
on 13 June 2013
Its very light - its very powerful, put together in 30 seconds
With 2 dogs the dust container fills up quickly but so do most Vacuum's I have owned
As others have noticed the electric cord is much too short but I have found the extending pipe long enough to reach even the highest of places.
Price wise it packs a punch for the price point even against products twice the price - I deducted 1 star for the short cord - yes I seen the length in the product description but you dont realise how short it is until your Vacuuming a large room full of furniture and the cable flows around the furniture
on 15 April 2014
I hate this vacuum. I wish I'd never bought it. It is so difficult to push in a straight line and the hose is too short, so is the flex. I am going to end up with a slipped disc trying to get it to go where I try to push it. The attaching clips scream CHEAP and the handle hurts my hand when I struggle to push it around. I hate it.