Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo Vacuum Cleaner, 1.05 L - Silver/Blue
|Price:||£125.34 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£104.65 (46%)|
- WindTunnel3 technology provides three channels of suction for a powerful performance
- Steerable technology for high manoeuvrability
- Ultra-lightweight at only 4.6 kg when in use
- A removable cleaning wand and tools for above the floor and stair cleaning
- 6 year Vax UK guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo Vacuum Cleaner, 1.05 L - Silver/Blue.
From the manufacturer
Vax Air Cordless Solo Vacuum Cleaner U86-AL-BA
The Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo Vacuum Cleaner is a cyclonic vacuum cleaner with the capacity to deliver a comprehensive and total home clean. This cordless upright vacuum cleaner comes equipped with a LithiumLife battery, which provide an average of 25 minutes battery power to clean both carpets and hard floors. This enables you to clean your home in an efficient and convenient manner.
The Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo has also been designed with WindTunnel 3 Technology, which allows you to execute a deep clean with three nozzle channels of powerful suction for capturing deep down, embedded dirt. You can also clean continuously without the loss of suction, which ensures that you are able to work more effectively around the home. This is thanks to advanced cyclone technology, which delivers constant and powerful suction during use.
Weighing less than 5 Kg, the Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo is lightweight. It is also manoeuvrable, as it has been equipped with air motion technology to ensure that it can be easily navigated around fixtures and furnishings. This only aids the speed and convenience of the clean, while also making the product more accessible to users. This is despite the fact that this cordless upright is full size and fitted with a high capacity dirt tank.
The Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo vacuum cleaner has a high capacity and easy to empty dirty cup also holds up to 1.05 L, so there is less interruption when cleaning larger areas and living spaces.
The Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo is equipped with a reusable easy rinse filtre, which enables you to rinse the filtre in order to maintain power for cleaning. There is also a removable cleaning wand, which is easy to use and ideal for cleaning around furniture, up and down stairs and above the floor. These tools can help to deliver a total home cleaning solution, without ever requiring you to compromise on power, performance or suction.
The Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo vacuum cleaner also includes a 2-in-1 dusting and crevice tool, which can be used to clean vents, furniture surfaces and other difficult to reach places. There is also an additional filtre and a hard floor brushroll with extra soft bristles, which are ideal for cleaning effectively on hard floors. A pivoting dusting tool is also included, to assist with cleaning elevated shelves and cupboards. This makes it far easier to clean at height in a safe and comfortable manner.
Lightweight, full size and powerful,The Vax U86-AL-BA Air Cordless Solo upright vacuum cleaner is a product driven by technology. With a steerable design for optimum manoeuvrability and a host of removable cleaning tools, it can help you to execute a convenient and efficient clean around the home.
Everything that you need:
- 2-in-1 dusting brush/crevice tool.
- Soft dusting brush
- 1x Lithium life batteries
- Battery charger
- User guide
- Vacuum cleaner
25 minutes of battery power
LithiumLife battery provides an average of 25 minutes of cordless fade-free battery power on carpet and hard floors.
Removable cleaning wand
Ideal for stairs and furniture.
Weighs less than 5 Kg.
Allows you to clean around furniture with ease.
Gives you the power to clean from carpet to hard floors.
WindTunnel 3 Technology
Three channels of suction to lift and remove deep-down, embedded dirt
Reusable easy rinse filtre
Rinse the filtre to maintain the power to clean.
Accessory tool pack
Compatible with the Vax pro cleaning kit.
|Vax 2-in-1 Air Cordless Switch H85-AC21-B||Vax Air Cordless Solo Vacuum Cleaner U86-AL-BA||Vax Air Cordless Duo Vacuum Cleaner U86-AL-B||Vax Air Cordless Lift Solo Upright Vacuum Cleaner U85-ACLG-BA||Vax Air Cordless Lift Duo Upright Vacuum Cleaner U85-ACLG-B|
|Lightweight||3.4 Kg||Less than 5 Kg||Less than 5 Kg||Less than 5 Kg||Less than 5 Kg|
|Steerable - Move around furniture||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Multi-floor cleaning for hard floors and carpets||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Removable cleaning wand||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Lift off canister - For above the floor cleaning||✓||✓|
|Built in handheld - For above the floor cleaning||✓|
|Boost mode - For extra suction||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|On Average Run Time (Minutes)||20||25||50||30||60|
|Number of fade free LithumLife batteries included||1||1||2||1||2|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
We had used Vax cleaners for many years and so I researched them. This is machine is BRILLIANT - it operates exactly like a heavy weight corded vacuum and has some brilliant design touches:
- to save power, the brush-bar for carpets/difficult stains has an 'on-off' button so you can vacuum for longer on one charge.
- there is also a 'turbo-boost' button to get those bits that even the brush-bar struggles with
- the head is similar to a full upright vacuum head, but has the articulated 'ball-effect' joint that enables the head to be very dynamic and constantly stay in contact with the floor, and make it very easy to nip quickly around furniture and in/out of difficult areas
- the collection tank can be easily removed and emptied, and is of a good size (you're not having to empty all the time, yet it's not a cumbersome full sized canister). But in addition to this ...
- the handle pulls out and you can attach the main hose from the body and suddenly you have a 'wand'/barrel-type cleaner function with two attachments supplied for cleaning stairs, edges and soft furnishings. One of these heads is also incredibly designed, combining what would be two attachments on 'the best' corded vacuums into one - the thin tube attachment for edges has a sliding brush attachment that can be easily engaged/disengaged when required. A wider brush attachment for the wand is also supplied eg for curtains (*and if there is one bit of feedback to provide to Vax it doesn't have a 'home'/socket on the vacuum like the other one - and it would actually be easy to design it so it clipped onto the other head for storage. But currently it tends to fall off or would need to be stored separately (which equals 'eventually lost' in my house!)).
But the really brilliant design is the batteries:
- charging is done 'off machine' ie you are charging the batteries only and not having to have the entire vacuum either plugged in constantly or wall mounted so it plugs into a 'base' that has to be attached to your wall. A sturdy charging base is provided and you are supplied with two batteries which simply plug into the front of the vacuum cleaner. This gives you the choice to have a much less obtrusive base constantly plugged in with one fully charged battery constantly available. Or you can opt to charge then store the base and charged reserve battery, until you need to swap the batteries over. Battery life says '15-20mins' for each battery, but using the brush-bar sparingly I got almost two hours vacuuming out of the two batteries - and of course while you are vacuuming your other battery is recharging so I don't quite see how you could run out of battery for cleaning the average house.
It may be useful to note I am a person who 'doesn't suffer poor vacuum design gladly'. I always think I should be a 'Vacuum User Experience' person by occupation as the vast majority of cleaners can reduce me to absolute total nuclear rage for poor design (including virtually all major names, and particularly 'the D-word'). In my brain, vacuums should have evolved sufficiently that brilliant design should just always be there as it generally is, for example, with car design. No one buys a car and in a car park says 'oh no, it's too wide for the parking space'. Yet I've lost count of the number of vacuums with major design faults: such as poor siting of power cables, so as you draw the vacuum back towards you it sweeps up it's own cable unless you undertake some complex cable-handling operation (all adding to the length of time it takes to complete the job), or power cables not long enough so you are constantly plugging-unplugging; filters so complex they always need cleaning, making the vacuuming job a huge task of cleaning followed by major maintenance tasks, and so taking an inordinate amount of time for the actual task. Canisters or collection bags not big enough, so you are frequently stopping to empty (it's all time efficiencies!). How do those machines even make it to full production?? (**and: ...think calm!** 😊 ). My husband and our three dogs have been known to head for the 'man-den' each time the vacuum comes out due to the nuclear fallout. For my heavy duty cleaner the only designer that enables calm and peace to reign is Numatic and the Henry/George range; but they currently don't do a cordless option. This Vax currently hits their extremely high standards for carefully thought out brilliant functional design and quality build.
Dogs and hubby no longer have the 'oh no, it's not 'George' she's vacuuming with - run for the hills!' look on their faces, and after incredibly stressful, busy days I can calmly zip round at the end of the day in peace and calm with a vacuum that does what it should - and does it very well. I cannot recommend this vacuum enough ...and believe me, that is praise well earned from someone who expects a lot from vacuum performance and design!
1. Reasonably lightweight but not for stairs
2.Useless for under the bed or sofa
3. Suction seemed good on wood floors but very poor on skirting/edges
4.roller brushes worked intermittently and deplete power quickly
5. extension tools and hose positively poor to very poor ...they are a faff to use /connect up and the noise when switching to therefrom the main hoover is ridiculously loud
6. moves around with ease and left me as a convert to cordless hoovers.
7. i sent mine back ...it might have been a one off with its faults but it had other niggly issues that for me at least mean no more than 3 stars
Most recent customer reviews
The package arrived within 2 days.
I also got an email from the CEO of the company.Read more