Customer reviews

Vauxhall And I (20th Anniversary Definitive Master) [VINYL]
Format: Vinyl|Change

on 12 May 2016
Classic Morrissey album. Definite improvement in clarity of individual instruments on the remaster. Sound is more dynamic.
on 6 May 2016
starts with one of the all time best Morrissey tracks 'now my heart is full' and ends with another 'speedway' the songs in-between are all pretty good too... i personally overlooked this album at the time of release but upon reflection it's very good indeed...
on 20 June 2017
great
on 2 May 2017
his best solo album. period
on 14 August 2015
Double album sent in place of single album lost in the post, and which turned out to be the last one in stock; full marks to the supplier for coming up with a solution. HOWEVER...the double album only comes in a cardboard sleeve, not the usual plastic CD case, so is less secure when used in the car. Also this is the only CD I have ever had which won't play on my DVD player through our aged but high quality stereo system; I wonder if it is in a different format from the usual UK spec?
on 3 January 2015
What is there not to like about the best album ever?
on 6 May 2016
very very happy
on 17 May 2016
I like it very much!
on 7 June 2014
It is now a consensus that this is Morrissey's greatest solo release, this I completely agree with, but I often get the feeling that if it had been the Smiths that had released Vauxhall And I then it would've gained many more plaudits than it has now.

Now My Heart Is Full, Speedway and Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself are among Morrissey's greatest recordings, while The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get was a great single and possibly his biggest hit in the US.
on 29 August 2014
Nearly as perfect as "Your Arsenal" - and an absolutely glorious album. A departure from the sound stemming from the production of said album by Mick Ronson - rest in peace - towards the softer touch of Mr Lillywhite and a reflective mood. It feels as though Mr. Morrissey wants it to be - or believes it will be - his last cry, and it is perhaps therefore less guitar-driven and bolstering than before. My favorites are difficult to sort out - they will be different every time I visit the album.