Vasse Felix Cabernet Sauvignon 2013/2015 Wine, 75 cl
- Joe Fattorini's Tasting Note: "'Lucky Vasse' is the translation of this wine, named in honour of a drowned seaman with a legendary tale. Vasse Felix has its own tale, a pioneer in Western Australia, and now famed for some of the finest wines. This shows the estate's noted bay leaf character over tight-knit currant, eucalypt and oak. But don't drink it today. Enjoy it in 5, 10, 15 years with venison or a piece of top-quality fillet steak."
- Dark-coloured with intense blackcurrant fruit
- The palate is complex with hints of chocolate, spice, cedar wood
- Beautifully fine-grained tannins
- Cabernet is a robust variety, ideally suited to Margaret River's climate and deep, well-drained soils
- Match this with a tender fillet of beef
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights. For medicinal products, content on our website is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition or to substitute advice given by medical practitioners, pharmacists or other licensed health care professionals. You should contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website.
Vasse Felix Cabernet Sauvignon Wine expresses the distinct regional profile of Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon and the site characters it takes from the Vasse Felix vineyards, with a focus on Wilyabrup. It was the first red wine produced in Margaret River and has been made every year since 1972. Cabernet is a robust variety, ideally suited to Margaret River's climate and deep, well-drained soils.
An exceptionally dry Spring resulted in small balanced canopies and early development stages. A very warm Summer with timely rainfall around veraison was followed by rapid ripening to an early vintage. Whites were harvested in a very short time frame though retained good acid. Reds were early but slowed a little with milder conditions in March, resulting in excellent quality reds.
Deep red with a mauve hue appearance . Nose: Savoury and layered with notes of menthol, jarrah forest floor and nori, entwined in deep blackcurrant and plum fruit. Oak derived cigar box, cedar and dark chocolate nuances float through the background. Palate: Seamless and vibrant on entry with fine, powdery tannins, plum and red berry fruit and crisp acidity. The palate then tapers to a wonderful fine, dry finish accented with dried herbs and dark chocolate oak. It comes with the vintage information as follows: TA: 7.5 g per litre;PH 3.42;Residual sugar: 0.4 g per litre.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.