- Paperback: 214 pages
- Publisher: Hodder Education; 2nd Edition edition (28 May 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 034069243X
- ISBN-13: 978-0340692431
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 24 x 1.5 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,559,133 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Latent Variable Models and Factor Analysis 2e (Kendall's Library of Statistics) Paperback – 28 May 1999
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'... an excellent source of reference for the topics covered.' -- Biometrics, 56, December 2000
From the Back Cover
Hitherto latent variable modelling has hovered on the fringes of the statistical mainstream but if the purpose of statistics is to deal with real problems, there is every reason for it to move closer to centre stage. In the social sciences especially, latent variables are common and if they are to be handled in a truly scientific manner, statistical theory must be developed to include them. This book aims to show how that should be done.
This second edition is a complete re–working of the book of the same name which appeared in the Griffin’s Statistical Monographs in 1987. Since then there has been a surge of interest in latent variable methods which has necessitated a radical revision of the material but the prime object of the book remains the same. It provides a unified and coherent treatment of the field from a statistical perspective. This is achieved by setting up a sufficiently general framework to enable the derivation of the commonly used models. The subsequent analysis is then done wholly within the realm of probability calculus and the theory of statistical inference. Numerical examples are provided as well as the software to carry them out ( where this is not otherwise available). Additional data sets are provided in some cases so that the reader can aquire a wider experience of analysis and interpretation.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Modelling
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Chemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics > Statistics & Probability
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Methodology & Research > Statistics & Research