Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 January 2014
Thanks, Sally Gardner, for the amazing Wings and Co series. My daughter would read nothing that wasn't pink, glittery or fluffy before we found these books. We absolutely love Fidget the cat and repeat his catch phrases where possible. Emily is a great role model for eight year old girls being both brave and clever without being "a Tom Boy". The plot lines are perfectly interwoven to keep us puzzling and conjecturing until the end, and the characters are brilliantly imaginative. We love them.
The Vanishing of Billy Buckle is the third book in Sally Gardner's brilliant Wings and Co series. While I didn't like it quite as much as Operation Bunny and Three Pickled Herrings, I still really enjoyed it and think this is one of the best modern series for children!

In The Vanishing of Billy Buckle, Billy Buckle the giant is missing and the Wings and Co team are tasked with finding him and looking after his giant daughter, Primrose, in the meantime. There's also the small case of a murder and a missing diamond to keep the team busy - nothing is ever quiet for Emily, Buster and Fidget!

I love how these books are written; they're so fun and have the best, most unusual characters. My favourite is still the magic lamp and the keys, each of which has human qualities and the ability to do much more than just unlock a door. I like Emily, Buster and Fidget too, of course, especially Fidget's ability to relate absolutely anything and everything to fish and food!

The Wings and Co series is now firmly on my favourites shelf and I can't wait for the fourth book, The Matchbox Mysteries, to be published in October 2014. These books are perfect for anyone who likes a funny, imaginitive story and truly unique children's characters. Here's more from Wings and Co, the best fairy detective agency out there!
on 10 February 2016
Great Book for adventure kids - even boys. We have read all the 'Wings & Co' books and love them all - same characters and linked events for clever plot and bazaar events. Fun, Fear, Crazy, Likeable...
on 23 March 2015
That's 5 stars from my 7 year old daughter, actually. Me, I find them a bit 'modern' (read, "weird") and confusing, but maybe that's because she's now old enough to read great swathes of the story when I'm not there!
on 12 February 2014
Perfect series for 7-9 year old girls who can read well, but want a chapter book which they are itching to finish. After reading a load of 'boring' books this one worked in terms of encouraging my daughter back into reading. This is the third in the series and continues the exploits of the detective agency. Every bit as good as the first two. Sally Gardner - hurry up and write the 4th book!!
on 16 January 2016