- Also check our best rated Speaker Cable reviews
Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 2.5 mm (2 core) Twin-Axial Speaker Cable 268-525-060 5 Metre / 5M
|Sale:||£16.80 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£13.44 (44%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Van Damme Blue Series Studio Grade Speaker Cable 2 x 2.5mm (13AWG) twin-axial type, overall cable diameter is 7.6mm. Conductor Resistance 7.30 Ohm/Km, conductor stranding 147/0.15mm, working voltage: 300/500V, weight 102 kg/km. Part number: 268-525-060.
- Applications: studio monitoring, guitar amplifier to speaker and other installations where LS0H / LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) is not a requirement.
- Bare ultra pure oxygen free copper (UPOFC) conductors for high efficiency signal transmission, PVC insulation and special flexible PVC composite jacket.
- Please note: 2 x 2.5mm refers to: the two (2 - Red and Blue Shielded) copper conductors which are 2.5mm2 each. According to this, the copper conductor's diameter is ~ 1.78mm.
- Recommended connectors: Banana plug, Spade connector, Mono / Stereo Jack, Neutrik XLR, Speakon.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Size Name: 5M | Colour Name: 2 x 2.5mm
This Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 2.5 mm (10AWG) core - Speaker Cableis part of the popular cable range and ideal for satellite speakers or situations that require a small diameter cable. Total cable diameter is 7.6mm.
The industry standard Van Damme range of blue series 2 core speaker cables has now been comprehensively upgraded. They now feature finer stranded conductors and utilise the latest PVC composite jacket materials to provide the highest level of flexibility married with totally efficient signal transmission. This range of cables is ideal for rehearsal and recording studio applications, but is equally at home.
Van Damme now use a higher purity oxygen free copper for the conductors - Ultra-Pure Oxygen Free Copper (UPOFC). The use of this material further improves the solderability and conductivity of the conductor resulting in faithful and transparent signal reproduction.
In common with most cables of its type, PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is used for the conductor insulation. There are many variant types of PVC used for cable insulation that may exhibit moderate, good or better electrical and mechanical properties. As speaker signals are essentially relatively high DC voltages, a low dielectric constant is not a priority. The PVC polymers used by Van Damme maximise the flexibility, heat resistance and stress resistance characteristics of PVC to ensure that there is a minimum of insulation shrinkback when soldering and a high level of flexibility even after years of use and abuse. The overall jacket material is a neoprene heavy special PVC composite that has an almost rubberised quality. This jacket is high pressure extruded over the 2 twisted inner conductors to create a robust, extremely flexible speaker cable that has excellent coilability in use.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The bass response is now more controlled and a lot deeper than originally, the vocals and high ends now sparkle rather than sounding harsh. However I thought this change was just from the speakers running in, so I did a test and swapped back to the cheaper generic cable and the difference in sound was very noticeable, the cheap cable sounded rough in comparison.
The cable itself is really well made, really heavy and feels like it will last along time. A recently have paired this cable to a set of Sewell Pro Maestro Banana Plugs and this addition will help reduce oxidation of the cable which in turn will increase the cables life. The cable has a talc solution under the blue outer covering, I believe this is some sort of lubrication to prevent the wire from splitting or fraying when installing it.
Overall the cable itself if a big investment but if you want to get the best from your speakers than a cable upgrade is one of the ways that you are going to achieve that. I have not tried any other expensive cable so I cant compare it to any but I a really happy with this product and I am going to keep it as long as it lasts.
Quality at the right price. Order more than you think you need. It'll give the flexibility to place your speakers where you want and avoid wasting hours trying to stretch cable around corners you didn't allow for.
Most recent customer reviews
have denon 7.Read more