on 27 February 2014
I tried this type of novel as 'everyone' seemed to rave about the vampire thing going on, this book seemed to have good reviews but I'm afraid I found the story all a bit ridiculous really.

I know some folk would argue that believing that a 600 year old vampire marrying a she werewolf is about as realistic as an 'atypical' young woman finding a handsome, caring, rich, passionate alpha male but I am afraid I found the vampire story was all a bit silly. What with the vampire having sex with an actual werewolf was just BEYOND silly, but I think that is because I do not 'get' the whole vampire thing.

I have to say I felt the story was very well written and it is a lovely romance story but it was a wee bit long winded for me. I did read it to the end but not sure I would read another one.

I think if you do love this type of story then you will enjoy it, but Im afraid I didn't. (Sorry)
on 14 October 2012
The best thing I can say about this book is that it was free. The writing is immature, all characters simply two dimensional parodies of what they are supposed to be. A Werewolf 'princess' and a Vampire 'elder' forced into marriage, and before the confetti hits the floor, they're already madly in love with each other, but unable to trust. Add in the scheming machinations of the vampire and werewolf clans, and you have an excellent cure for insomnia.

Some of the blame for this must lie at the editor's feet. Who else would allow a writer impunity for constantly misusing the term 'three-sixty', when from the context of the sentence, she means a u-turn - which is therefore a 'one eighty'. Not once, but so many times it becomes painful. Someone please tell this writer that 360 is a full circle, so if you do turn 360, you end up facing the same way as when you started?

I could - possibly - forgive this annoying misuse of English and basic Maths if the rest of the story merited comment. It doesn't. Werewolves are ignorant, uneducated, vicious animals; vampires are smooth, suave and sophisticated ... even thinking about it makes me nod off.

But then - at least it's free.
on 28 July 2011
I got this as a `filling in' book and therefore didn't have any major expectations. It was however a surprisingly good read.

In this world, vampires and werewolves are trying to bring peace between their 2 species. The Counsel therefore decide a high ranking vampire (Creed) should marry one of the few female werewolves (Blu) to create a show of peace between the species. Neither is particularly happy about the arrangement. Creed does it for the greater good of his tribe and Blu does it because as a female werewolf and daughter to the alpha she has no say in the matter. Blu is 20 something, extravagant, unruly, loudmouthed and emotionally scarred by her past treatment from the pack and Creed is a 900 year old tribe leader who likes intelligent conversation, peace and quiet and is used to being treated with the upmost respect as one of the elders. As you can imagine, when thrown together, these 2 really didn't get along.

It was fun to read the beginning of their marriage as each struggled to deal with the other. The snide remarks and sarcastic comments were funny and as the book reads from alternating POV's I felt like I really got to know the pair well. The pact drawn up by the Counsel stated that they would marry and then Blu would take Creed's bite. Something which is so intimate and bonds 2 people together so tightly that it would show the rest of the vampires and werewolves that the 2 species can get along. However Blu is not about to give herself to Creed that easily! And Creed is not particularly into her either, other than her good looks, he finds her to be too foulmouthed and unruly.

However when they do start to finally get along a bit and unite together due to betrayals from both their separate families, they start to enjoy each other's company and realise they both can change. Blu becomes a lot calmer thanks to Creed's quiet presence and Creed learns to lighten up a bit and have fun. The important thing about this development was that it was not rushed. That's what made it so lovely to read. There was no instant where they both just gave in and hopped in the sack. The relationship genuinely built up bit by bit as each gave away secrets and more trust until eventually they realised how in love they were. All that was left to do was try to solve the ever present differences between the other vampires and werewolves as it soon became apparent that a simple marriage was not going to solve anything and both sides had ulterior motives.

I seriously enjoyed this book. The pace was set just right, the characters developed beautifully and the story line was really interesting. Highly recommend!
on 30 January 2012
I have had this book on my kindle for months now and it is always one that I skip over and think will read that another day. Why oh why did I wait so long I ask myself now??!!!! I loved this story! From the moment Blu is preparing to walk down the aisle I knew I was going to love her raw edge and determination. And as for Creed....... well I think I may have fallen a little bit in love with him in the beginning and a lot by the end! The relationship between these 2 is often amusing and sparky and their quick wit responses to each other had me giggling away. Of course as their relationship develops then so do the sparks! The sex is hot without being tacky and the book is excellently written, and I found it hard to put it down. I have now had to go out and get a few more Michele Hauf novels so hope they compare. My 2 favourite parts of the book???....... It has to be the night club scene which I found totally erotic and of course the first full moon!!!! Highly recommended read for those of you who love paranormal romance with a bit of good sex thrown in!!!
on 5 April 2013
I can't deny it, this was pretty good, but it didn't hook me to the point where I absolutely postively had to finish it in one sitting (which is how I generally read). It was a good story about overcoming differences and different backgrounds and realising that everyone feels love whether you're human, vampire, or werewolf. Creed and Blu were a lot of fun to get to know. I liked that this book wasn't so unbelievable that it was actually fun to read about the magic. The author writes real well and focuses on the important details and makes a point of avoiding the clichés that arise in just about every other story about vampire and werewolves. I honestly beleive that those who were nauseated by the Twilight series (as I was) will really enjoy this book along with those Twilight lovers. Good stuff.
on 10 July 2012
I suppose the title should have been a bit of a warning but I downloaded it anyway. But to my surprise I actually got stuck into the plot and ended up enjoying it. You know the sort of thing; Super rich refined, educated, stylish, handsome vampire and rebellious, young, arrogant werewolf 'bitch' (in more ways than one) are forced into a marriage to bring the two warring sides together. Blah blah blah.
Bet you can't guess what happens?
Although, as I say I did actually end up enjoying it. But quite why there was so much sex in it I really don't know as it actually became quite annoying as it began to interrupt the 'flow' of the story. At one point it fell to the level of farce as in a supposedly intimate moment they are having a full blown (excuse the pun) conversation as if they were nattering over the breakfast table munching cornflakes. Or does that happen?? Pity.
on 23 March 2013
I'm not really into the whole Vampire/Werewolf thing but this book was free so I thought I'd give it a go.
For me I found the pace a little slow. I kept putting it down and picking it up again rather than hugging the pages. This is down to the fact I had previously read a fast paced book and not the authors writing ability.
The storyline is good with excellent characters. Loved the sex scenes just right for this type of Mills & Boon book. As I got to the end of the story I wasn't quite sure how it would go. I got it half right as there was a scene I hadn't expected. I like that in a book, thank you Michele Hauf. I'll certainly look out for this author in my future reads.
on 28 April 2013
Well I read this in no time, I did wonder if I would enjoy it as it was free download but all I can say is wow. I love a great storyline with lots of twists and turns. The main characters are so used to the bloodshed by the sides that neither thought it possible to fall in love but without knowing it they both succumb to each other and realise that it doesn't matter what species you are you cannot help who you love, and once again love does conquer all. Great plot, lots of gentle moments and great sex although this was erotic and romantic. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys supernatural love.
on 24 August 2013
Just read this again for the second time and loved it as much as the first time. Sexy vampire and beautiful werewolf agreeing to a marriage so peace between the two can be settled. It's not as easy as just marriage though because both sides don't play fair initially but what I loved about the was Creed and Blu finding mates in each other. The sex scenes are smoking and admittedly I have a crush on creed who sounds every bit the sexy handsome mysterious vampire he is described. Praise for Michelle Hauf and apologies for not reviewing this when I first read it
on 2 March 2018
I would recommend this Her vampire husband book I really enjoyed it,the story was a easy to read book about a vampire and his werewolf wife with danger and romance.