Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£6.99|
Save £2.00 (29%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
Vampire Circus (Hammer) Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
So targeting this title with a clean slate was a wonderful blessing. It worked very well, the characters jumped off the pages into my imagination and the authors writing style in my opinion complimented a screenplay very well allowing it to skip off the pages.
Back that up with a few modern touches, some wonderfully evocative visuals within and all in this for me is perhaps the best Hammer film to book adaptation to date. Great stuff.
It was fun, although far-fetched, and the ending was a bit of a damp squib, but I enjoyed it
So instead of embarking on a lost cause to find someone to fill the sizeable gap left by Lee, Hammer came up with Karnstein - a Dracula in all but name, cape and hairstyle. This, and the other films with a storyline connection (Lust For A Vampire and Twins Of Evil), all bank on the odd flash of bare breasts in their intent to appease 70s audiences and prove that Hammer are moving with the times - even if the films themselves retain the 1800s setting and are located somewhere in Eastern Europe.
Vampire Circus does have a somewhat inventive plot, in that the inhabitants of a quarantined village are surprisingly visited by a travelling carnival-cum-circus troupe. Although finding it odd that the performers managed to circumvent the security outside the village, in their beleaguered state they are only too happy for their weirdly-appealing guests to entertain them every evening. Before they are brutally slaughtered or inducted as new members of the undead, of course.
Despite the absence of Hammer's major stars such as Cushing or Lee, this is an above-average film from a studio that was on a downward spiral at the time, and is certainly worth a viewing.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Horror > Fantasy
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Film Genres > Horror
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Film Genres > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Low Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Celtic, English & Welsh
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > TV, Movie, Game Adaptations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Low Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Celtic, English & Welsh
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > TV, Movie, Game Adaptations