- Also check our best rated Dab Radio reviews
2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage CoverLondon General Insurance Company Limited
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown cover including accidental damage.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
VQ Retro Mini DAB & DAB+ Digital Radio with FM, Bluetooth & Alarm Clock – Emma Bridgewater Polka Dot
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DAB, DAB+ & FM RADIO - Enjoy full access to any of your favourite BBC & commercial radio stations with comprehensive Digital and Analogue Radio, with 60 total prests on DAB/DAB+ and FM
- BLUETOOTH STREAMING - Listen to any music, podcasts or audiobooks from your Phone, Tablet or other Smart Devices simply and wirelessly with easy-pairing Bluetooth functionality
- ENHANCED CABLE CONNECTIONS - In addition to a headphone socket and traditional 3.5mm aux-in / line-in, a handy USB port enables you to charge a phone or tablet directly from the radio
- PREMIUM BRITISH SPEAKER ENGINEERING - The ultra-wide full range 5 watt speaker features British acoustic design & engineering for premium sound quality with a built-in equaliser for personalisation
- APPROVED PRODUCT - This radio features the Digital Tick approved quality standard and offers a three year manufacturer's warranty for your complete peace of mind now and in the future
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
VQ Retro Mk II DAB & DAB+ Digital Radio with FM, Bluetooth, Apple Lightning Dock & Alarm Clock – Emma Bridgewater Wallflower
VQ Hepburn Mk II DAB & DAB+ Digital Radio with FM, Bluetooth & Alarm Clock – Emma Bridgewater Polka Dot
VQ Christie DAB & DAB+ Digital Radio with FM, Bluetooth/NFC, Alarm Clock, Rotating Display & Enamel Fascia – Blue
VQ Monty DAB & DAB+ Digital Radio with FM, Bluetooth & Alarm Clock – Real Wood Case Limed Oak
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Co-op Electrical||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk|
|Colour||Polka Dot||Wallflower||Polka Dot||Blue||Limed Oak|
|Item Dimensions||14.7 x 10.5 x 22.4 cm||30 x 11.5 x 20.5 cm||31.4 x 9.4 x 16.6 cm||21.5 x 13 x 13.5 cm||10 x 13 x 18.6 cm|
|Item Weight||0.95 kg||1.66 kg||1.5 kg||1.1 kg||1.4 kg|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Colour Name: Polka Dot
Retro Mini is the multi-award winning and best-selling DAB Digital & FM Radio by VQ. The radio features DAB and DAB+ digital radio as well as FM so you can receive all your favourite stations. On both DAB/DAB+ and FM Mode you can enjoy the auto-scan function to find all your available stations and of course when you’re listening via digital radio all stations are listed alphabetically. When you do find stations you like, you can save them to one for thirty presets that are available on both Digital and FM – so 60 presets in total. If you tire of the radio and want to listen to your own music, that’s no problem with Retro Mini, simply connect any smart device (Phone, Tablet, etc) via Bluetooth and stream music from the device or services such as; Apple Music, Deezer and Spotify. If you’re more traditional and prefer a wired connection simply use the 3.5mm aux-in. No matter what you choose to listen to; from Digital Radio to your own music on Bluetooth, it will sound fantastic given the wooden case of Retro Mini paired with the MyEQ function which allows you to adjust the sound to a range of different presets. Retro Mini also features a full functioning alarm clock with dual alarms, countdown timer and sleep timer. You’ll also be pleased to know that Retro Mini has been awarded the Digital Tick quality standard and is backed by a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty. All you need to do is choose which of the vibrant colours you’d prefer your Retro Mini to come in, with a choice of standard leatherette colours or Emma Bridgewater and Lulu Guinness designer prints.
1x VQ Retro Mini DAB / DAB+ Digital & FM Radio and Bluetooth Speaker
1x UK / EU Multi-Plug
1x Instruction manual
1x Three Year Warranty
From the manufacturer
Retro Mini by VQ your DAB / DAB+ Digital & FM Radio with Bluetooth
Why Choose VQ?
There are so many reasons to choose VQ that if you’re looking for a digital radio, it’s hard to imagine why you’d look anywhere else:-
- A Truly British Family Owned Brand.
- All Product Designed & Engineered in the UK.
- A UK Based Support Team Open 7 Days a Week.
- Premium Materials & Components.
- Bluetooth in all Models Without a Price Premium.
- Independent Digital Tick Quality Standard.
Retro Mini by VQ
DAB / DAB+ Digital & FM Radio with Bluetooth
The Retro Mini DAB / DAB Digital and FM Radio with Bluetooth is proof that good things come in small package. This petite vintage inspired radio offers all the modern functionality you could possible require.
The digital radio provides an extensive choice of stations with many more than traditional analogue and all in crystal clear sound quality. If you’ve never tried DAB Digital Radio, now is the time; with better reception than ever before in most parts of the UK and some of the best content from both the BBC and Commercial Stations only available on Digital. Of course, if you’re an ardent traditionalist Retro Mini features an FM radio tuner too.
If you prefer to listen to your own music, playlists or podcasts from the likes of; Apple Music, Deezer or Spotify then simply connect any smart device via Bluetooth. For added convenience all VQ radios feature a USB power port which enables the charging of a phone/tablet as you stream or at any other time.
No matter what you choose to listen to it will sound fantastic thanks to the 5 watt speaker output. You also have the opportunity to tailor the audio experience to your specific requirements with the MyEQ function; which features 6 preset controls.
Retro Mini is born in Britain with expert Design & Engineering at VQ’s Hampshire head office.
- DAB & DAB+ Digital Radio
- FM Radio
- 60 Available Radio Presets
- Bluetooth Streaming
- 5 Watt Speaker Output
- MyEQ – Equaliser with 6 Preset control
- Dual Alarm Clock with Snooze, Sleep Timer & Countdown
- Mains Power or Battery (4x AA)
- Headphones, Aux-in & USB Charge Port
Some Key Features of Your Retro Mini DAB Digital Radio & Bluetooth Speaker
If you’ve not tried DAB Digital Radio yet, you don’t know what you’re missing. Enjoy a great choice of stations, easy alphabetical station navigation, enhanced sound quality vs analogue and best of all more of the country than ever before now has access to digital radio (97% of homes to be precise).
All VQ radios feature Bluetooth at no extra cost, something you won’t find with any other radio brand. So why do we go the extra mile? Well we just understand sometimes you want to relax with your own music, podcasts or any other content and it doesn’t seem fair to make you pay extra for that now does it.
If you’ve not heard a VQ radio before, you’ll be in for a treat when you do. All our acoustic modelling takes place at our UK head office where attention to detail is key so whether it’s music or speech you can enjoy a rich room filling audio experience with the MyEQ function to tailor to your own taste.
Even More Features to Enjoy in Your Retro Mini DAB Radio & Bluetooth Speaker
When you’ve found your favourite stations on DAB Digital Radio or traditional FM you can save them to one of sixty total presets.
A perfect bedside companion the dual alarm clock can be set to radio or buzzer and features a snooze and sleep timer.
Avoid cable clutter and stop juggling plugs, connect to the USB power port and charge any phone, tablet or other smart device.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) when running on batteries and listening to bluetooth, the radio will beep at you every 30 seconds or so, making it too annoying to listen to. Is this beep a low battery warning? Who knows, i tried the same batteries in another dab (which has similar power requirements) and it worked fine for several hours. Why have a low battery warning thats so annoying that it forces you to turn it off?
2) the equaliser is a nice touch, but goes back to the default EQ everytime you turn it on, so you have to go into the menus to get it back to the setting you want each time.
3) the sound on dab cuts out for a half a second once in a while. not sure if its a problem with the view quest or the dab transmission.
4) the alarm feature doesn't let you choose which station you wake up to, it just uses the last station you were listening to. I want to fall asleep with classic fm but wake up to something more lively.
5) I emailed view quest about some of these issues a week ago and haven't heard back at all. Doesn't bode well for getting a warranty replacement if it ever goes wrong.
overall the sound quality and value for money is great and they've put plenty of thought into the design. The interface is lots of tiny buttons squashed together which isn't so good, a case of style over usability.
*update* i've since called them and they agreed to send a replacement, but two weeks later nothing had arrived. Another phone call and they confirm they haven't sent anything and have no idea why but would get back to me the same day. That was yesterday and so far no call. I'm giving up at this point and dropping the rating to 1-star.
HOWEVER, the people who designed the important part of the radio - the sound, have dead ears - what were they thinking?
There appears to be this annoying need these days for loads and loads of bass - no matter what you are listening to. Well done for them for providing something which isn't tinny and has some depth but they have gone way too far. Yes, there are some preset EQ settings but all of them have varying degrees of too much bass. The default setting it comes with is utterly atrocious, the closest ones to normal sound are the Jazz and Classical settings but even these are too much.
I love music, I am a professional musician, songwriter and producer - but just try picking out the treble nuances in any song or hearing something bright like the hi-hat or an 'S' sound in the vocals over the mushy, bassy sound of this unit.
And as for speech radio, Radio 4 is unintelligible like listening to someone talking through a wet flannel and in a room of cushions. You can't hear an 'S' sound 'T' sound or anything bright in any speaking.
When it was on the floor in my bedroom it was completely unuseable. We now have it high up in the kitchen - where it is tolerable but only just.
The annoying thing is that they could easily have remedied this. Easily. I suspect the speaker is actually pretty good
Option 1 - not let 20 year olds with dead ears set the preset EQ settings so that they are so atrocious.
Option 2 - give me my own ability to set the bass and treble - problem solved.
I was that close to sending it back but my wife likes it and it is almost okay where we now have it on the kitchen which is more bright sounding - but I rarely turn it on - it's too annoying. But it is good to look at - like an expensive ornament.
But my biggest grouse is that approx every 1/2 hour it cuts off for a split second...enough to make eg a news item difficult to understand. I had tried the radio on both mains and battery, same result. So assumed it was my reception area. But away in my motorhome I got the same effect. So its a flaw.
Also the sound is less than perfect, quite muffled. On switch on, the volume is midway, regardless of where you left it.The controls are very close together, you have to look at them to use them, plus its easy to push the radio over when using a control...so two handed ops.
In short spend the extra (double) for a Pure.
Most recent customer reviews