VMware vSphere Design Paperback – 2 Apr 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
What You Need to Make the Right Design Decisions
vSphere is the most robust and sophisticated hypervisor product available today. It is the de facto standard for businesses, both large and small. This book written for engineers and architects who plan, install, maintain, and optimize vSphere solutions is the only one of its kind to concisely explain how to execute a successful vSphere architecture that′s tailored to meet your company′s needs. Expert authors share with you the factors that shape the design of a vSphere implementation.
Which storage protocol is best for you? Should you build your vCenter as a virtual machine? Design your storage for capacity or for performance? This new updated edition reveals the design decisions that most companies face, explores the available options, discusses solutions then helps you make the right choices. In addition to Datacenter Virtualization, this book also examines vCloud Director deployments.
Packed with real–world proven strategies, it′s the perfect guide for deploying a new design or transforming an existing one. Inside, you′ll explore:
- The fundamentals of designing VMware environments
- The overall design process
- Key things to consider, such as server hardware selection and sizing, security, virtual machine templates, and more
- How networking and storage landscapes impact vSphere design
- Design decisions that a typical company encounters, taking into consideration availability, manageability, performance, recoverability, and security
- Designing VMware vCloud Director environments
About the Author
Forbes Guthrie, VCAP–DCD, (tweet @forbesguthrie) is a technical architect who specializes in virtualization and storage technologies. He is also a VMware vExpert and the creator of several popular virtualization reference cards. Forbes blogs at www.vReference.com. Scott Lowe, VCDX 39, (tweet @scott—lowe) is a technical architect at VMware. Scott is a VMware vExpert and the author of Mastering VMware vSphere 5. Scott also writes at blog.scottlowe.org, which attracts thousands of visitors daily.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I used this book as part of my study for vcap5-dcd and it helped enormously.