- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
VCP5-DCV: VMware Certified Professional-data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide Paperback – 13 May 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Complete Preparation for the VCP5–DCV Exam
In this comprehensive guide to the VCP–DCV on vSphere 5.5 exam, virtualization evangelist Brian Atkinson provides everything you need to prepare for your certification and apply your skills in the real world. This comprehensive study guide covers key exam topics such as securing vCenter and ESXi, deploying virtual machines, and monitoring a vSphere implementation, and also is supplemented with real–world examples and professional insight from a recognized leader in virtualization and VMware technology. This VCP5–DCV courseware includes:
Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you re getting the instruction you need for the exam
Practical written labs to reinforce critical skills
Real–world scenarios that put what you ve learned in the context of actual job roles
Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
Sybex Exam Prep Tools
Go to www.sybex.com/go/vcp5dcvsg to access a full set of study tools to help you prepare for the exam, including:
- A custom test environment
- Hundreds of practice exam questions
- Electronic flashcards
- Glossary of key terms
Includes coverage of all exam objectives, including these key topics:
- Planning, Installing, and Upgrading vCenter Server and ESXi
- Securing vCenter and ESXi
- Planning and configuring vSphere networking and storage
- Creating and deploying virtual machines and vApps
- Establishing service levels with clusters, fault tolerance, and resource pools
- Performing basic troubleshooting and alarm management
- Monitoring a vSphere implementation
About the Author
Brian Atkinson is a Senior Systems Engineer with 16 years of experience in the IT field. Since 2006, he has focused on virtualization, storage, and virtualization evangelism. Brian holds the VCP 3, VCP 4 and VCP 5 certifications and has also been awarded the vExpert designation from VMware in 2009, 2010, and 2011. He is a VMware Technology Network (VMTN) Moderator and active contributor. Brian is also a guest blogger at the VMTN. You can reach him on Twitter: @vmroyale.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Passed the Exam with a 452 out of 500 on the first try. Would recommend this for anyone looking to learn vSphere 5.5 for the first time or anyone looking to brush up to upgrade from VCP410
It is helpful to actually understand the tasks and questions rather than memorizing the answers. The actual exam questions, while similar, are not the same as the ones that are included in the book. If you can dedicate a good portion of your time to going through this book, you'll have a good chance of passing the exam.
Look for similar items by category