- Paperback: 608 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; Pap/Cdr edition (31 Oct. 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047119106X
- ISBN-13: 978-0471191063
- Product Dimensions: 19.2 x 3.3 x 23.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,539,959 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
VBScript Sourcebook (Sourcebooks) Paperback – 31 Oct 1997
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
From the basics to advanced programming techniques, a complete tutorial on using VBScript to build cutting–edge Web sites.
No matter what your level of programming expertise, with the VBScript Sourcebook you′ll quickly master Microsoft′s powerful new Web page scripting extension language. You′ll learn to:
∗ Use VBScript with advanced HTML and Dynamic HTML
∗ Create self–validating forms, interactive games, and local databases using DHTML data binding
∗ Enliven your Web pages with state–of–the–art multimedia using embedded objects.
Combining a structured approach to understanding and using VBScript with hands–on practical advice, Mary Jane Mara takes you step–by–step from VBScript basics to advanced programming techniques. Get acquainted with all the new VBScript objects, properties, methods, events, and other extensions in the new DHTML object model while receiving beginner– to intermediate–level tutorials on how to use VBScript to enhance your Web pages. Then sharpen your skills as you learn advanced techniques for using the full power of VBScript and DHTML to build cutting–edge Web applications. Also included is a complete guide to VBScript′s objects, properties, methods, functions, and other language elements for easy and convenient reference while you script.
ABOUT THE WEB SITE
Visit the companion Web site, www.wiley.com/compbooks/mara, to find fully executable example scripts from the book, which you can download and use to develop your own scripts.
About the Author
Mary Jane Mara is a senior consultant for Complete Data Solutions in Austin, Texas. She previously owned and operated a custom software development company for ten years. Her articles have appeared in major industry magazines; and she is the author of five other computer books, including three on scripting languages and two on the World Wide Web.
Top Customer Reviews
Also, the best explanation & reference of the document object model I've seen.
Only thing I would have liked to have seen is at least a small section on ASP/server side VB Script.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Not for learning how to program.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Internet Applications > E-mail
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Scripting & Programming