- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
VARIETY ACTS AND TURNS OF THE LATE 1930s [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£14.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Over three hours of glorious Variety artists and singers from the golden age of radio, music hall and theatre as seen performing their acts for the cinema newsreels of the day. 'Variety Acts And Turns Of The Late 1930s' features the full array of Variety entertainments; balancing acts, jugglers, dance and jazz bands, organists, strongmen, comedians, musicians, dancers - modern and ballet, roller-skaters and singers galore. Artistes include Robb Wilton, Robinson Cleaver, Cyril Fletcher, Arthur Askey, Sir Henry Wood, tenor Bernard Clifton, Joe Loss, George Formby, Norman Evans, Bob and Alf Pearson, Ronald Frankau, Gracie Fields and many, many more. By the end of the 1930s, Pathé had refined its way of filming performers by mixing in evocative filmed locations such as London, Port Talbot, Smethwick, Chorley, Ireland, Scotland and even The Queen Mary. Pathé also filmed a baker, carpenter and a taxi driver who all became professional singers, a railwayman who became an actor and miners who trained to become a team of high-wire walkers! So, Ladies and Gentlemen, sit back and enjoy this time capsule celebration of a long lost classic era of British Variety!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
And the transfer quality, picture and sound, is superb.
More, please.Same goes for "Mid 30s" below - I've just bought this as well. Already had all the others listed. They're all great.