V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - Matte Black
|Price:||£219.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£30.01 (12%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Award-winning M-Class "modern audiophile" sound signature tuned by over 200 affectionados
- Remastered 50mm Dual Diaphragm Drivers
- Clean deep Bass, Vivid Mids and Ultra-Extended Highs tuned by the forums and editors
- Unique CLIQFOLD design for compact storage
- Ultra compact exoskeleton carry case featuring V-STRAP system
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - Matte Black
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Dimensions||24.1 cm x 11.4 cm||11.2 cm x 18.1 cm||19.5 cm x 19.5 cm||20.3 cm x 17.8 cm|
|Item Weight||281 g||816 g||259 g||454 g|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Colour Name: Black
Why Crossfade M-100?
Immersive 3D Soundstage: Evokes the experience of a live performance
Clean Deep Bass: Feel and hear the precise vibrations of your music without bloated boom or a muddy mid-range
Ultra Wide Clarity & Vivid Midrange: Lifelike vocals, clear cymbals and crispy hi-hats
M-100's explosive sound is created by:
- 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver (Patent Pending): Inner and outer rings separate the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs
- Master Crafted Materials: More expensive driver and components than peer headphones at this price range
- Modern Audiophile Tuning: Crowdsourced alongside the producer and audiophile community to fine tune the sound and ergonomics
- Analog Noise Isolation: Naturally cut out the distractions of jet engines, crying babies and crowd noise
- No Batteries or Artificial Processing: Powerful, pure sound without the two extra digital-to-analog conversions of battery powered headphones that pollute the purity of your music
- Minimal sound leakage: Immersive sound for you without bothering others
- Consistent Driver Quality: Quality tested at 6 frequencies to maintain stricter consistency unit-to-unit than competitors, often by an order of magnitude
Military-Level Durability MIL-STD-810G
- Virtually Indestructible STEELFLEX Headband
- Steel Frame and Interchangeable Aircraft Grade Metal Shields
- Exoskeleton Form-Fitting Case
- 2-Year Warranty & 50% Immortal Life Program
- Kevlar Reinforced Cable/Plug Bend: Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard)
- Concrete Drop: Survives 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet (10x industry standard)
- Headband Bend: SteelFlex can bend 10+ times flat
- Environmental: High and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
Comfort, Customization, Style
- Mind The Gap: Tailored ergonomics eliminates the "space helmet" look of common headphones
- Inspired in Italy, Styled in Hollywood: Stylish colors and metal beats plastic headphones
- 4+ Years of R&D: Resulted in an ergonomic headband and hexagon shape that contours to the natural lines of your facial features and ears
- Supple BLISS Memory Foam Cushions: Naturally forms to your ears to provide ergonomic comfort and noise isolation for extended listening sessions
- Optional Custom Shield Kits: Laser engrave your logo or change your shield color
- Optional Cables & Ear Cushions: Choose from a variety of color and feature options so that you have a different headphone than everybody else
Portable Exoskeleton Case
- CliqFoldtm Hinge: Swiss-like hinge mechanism precisely folds the headphones into the impossibly small exoskeleton case (patent pending)
- Exoskeleton V-STRAP: Organize included cables and 1/4" adapter via the V-STRAP system inside the exoskeleton case, with extra room left over for your USB Flash Drive & Fader earplugs
- Carabiner Clip: Safely clip your headphones on the outside of your bags
Detachable Cables: Make the Call. Share the Vibe.
- Dual Inputs & V-CORK: Mix two sources at the same time or daisy chain headphones with your friends; the included V-CORK balances sound & protects the input
- SpeakEasytm Mic Cable: Specially tuned for voice recognition and calls in the noisiest environments, the button control universally works with all 3.5mm smartphones and tablets including Apple, Android, Windows, Kindle and Blackberry
- SharePlaytm Audio Cable: Built-in y-adapter to share your music or multiple DJs
- Optional BoomProtm, CoilProtm & 3-Button Cables: Extend your functionality with a professional-grade boom mic for gaming and Skype, a locking extended coiled cable for musicians or a 3-button mic cable for Apple in a variety of colors
Which One is for You?
|Crossfade M-100 |
white silver matte black
|Crossfade LP2 |
|Crossfade LP |
nero gunmetal black
chrome rouge white pearl
|Crossfade M-80 |
shadow white pearl
|Sound Signature||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||LP-Class "Live Play"||LP-Class "Live Play"||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"|
|Character||audiophile balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage||refined vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear highs, 3D sound stage|
|Driver||M-100 Dual-Diaphragm |
|LP2 Dual-Diaphragm |
|LP Dual-Diaphragm |
|M-80 Dual-Diaphragm |
|SteelFlex Headband|| |
|Passive Noise Isolation|| |
|Exoskeleton Case|| |
|Dual Inputs|| |
|SpeakEasy Mic|| |
|CoilPro Compatible (not included)|| |
|BoomPro Compatible (not included)|| |
|Kevlar Reinforced Cables||• 1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
• SharePlay audio cable
|• 3-Button mic cable |
• Extended Audio cable
|• 3-Button mic cable |
• Audio Only cable
|• 3-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
• 1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable
|Customization||optional||gunmetal shields included ||optional||optional|
World's First Crowdsourced Headphone
V-MODA is the authentic music brand that fuses fashion and function. Headphones are an essential tool for mobile producers and musicians who require unparalleled performance delivered reliably, night in and night out. The founder of V-MODA, also a producer and DJ, designed the Crossfade series to deliver professional sound yet withstand even the rigorous needs of globetrotting travelers. V-MODA's professional pedigree is shown through a clear history of innovation: the Hex design, product, drivers, CliqFold, SharePlay, CoilPro, SpeakEasy, 45-degree plug, V-CORK, packaging and accessories are all patented or patent pending.
The M-100 was master crafted by the people - over 200 online audiophiles, editors, artists, DJs and Grammy-winning musicians collaborated for years on the tuning and features. V-MODA utilized hundreds of prototypes to gain feedback from the collective masterminds of the best in the business to create a versatile crowd sourced headphone.
Kevlar reinforced cable with 45 degree 24k gold-plated 3.5mm plug with 1 button mic
Kevlar reinforced cable with 45 degree 24k gold-plated 3.5mm plug with sharePlay
1/4" 24k gold pro adapter
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Sound Quality you need to hear to believe!
The bass is clean and heavy
The highs are crisp
The headband and ear-cushions are comfortable for prolonged-sessions
The customization options are fantastic! (although be warned - see below)
A tad pricey
The initial cable is really short (about an arms length)
The '6 Star' customer services are hit and miss (see below)
The customizations, if you buy new plates from their website, can be almost as pricey as the headset itself
After a few days of testing this headset out I can honestly say: Wow. I've owned plenty of headsets in my time, specifically 'Gaming Headsets'. I will never look back. This headset is by far the best audiophile experience for below £300. Unfortunately, their customer services aren't quite as fantastic. I tried to purchase new plates to customize my M-100, but the image was too detailed for 3D printing, which is fair enough. They then asked if I wanted to change to aluminium plates for the same price. I initially said yes, until I realized the aluminum plates are $25 cheaper than the 3D plates. I asked for a refund of the difference and, with a fairly rude reply, they've passed my info onto the 'appropriate department'. Cheeky people.
This may have just been an unfortunate experience, so don't let the above comment stop you from buying if you're after something spectacular. Just be sure to buy the Boom Mic too. It adds a good meter of cable and the quality of speech is fantastic! As in, mind blowing. Very clear and crisp.
Given that they aren't noise cancelling, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I can't hear my girlfriend.
In terms of looks, they are actually less obtrusive than I was expecting. I think that the marketing material makes them look bulky, but that isn't the case. They even got approval from the girlfriend for wearing out...apparently I "don't look like a total d**k". So that's nice.
On the flip side, the build quality just isn't there. The plastic at the bottom of the headband has cracked/shattered twice now with only normal usage. The second time just shortly after they were returned to me from V-MODA. You cannot replace this plastic yourself so the headphones have to be sent all the way to V-MODA to be fixed.
They are expensive and there are cheaper, better sounding and better built alternatives.
If you are looking for reference/studio grade headphones mainly for music production, I wouldn't be too sure on getting these. However, if you are looking for an audiophile grade + bass heavy pair of headphones, this is it. Once again, many others have already analysed every aspect of the sound far better than I could so please refer to those, but if I had to describe the sound with one phrase it would be: powerful and lively.
I also highly recommend this as a high end gaming headphone. I use this with the Soundblaster Z + Earforce DSS (To achieve headphone surround sound for games/movie). It's just phenomenal...
Although stereo sound is perfect for music, the standard sound stage for these headphones seem a little close to me. For example, when listening to any kind of speech, the sound feels forced too close to the ears. That is why I use the virtual surround option on the Earforce DSS to open up the sound stage for videos/games (Although I feel it expands it too much producing an echo like resonance, but that has nothing to do with the headphones). It's still miles better than any other headphones that I had tested so really I am nit picking here.
The build quality screams quality everywhere. These really are built to last, I have dropped them numerous times (by accident of course) and they are functioning absolutely fine. Unfortunately, due to a recent drop, one of the hinges (for folding the cup) has loosened. It still works, but clearly it's not like it's indestructible.Read more ›
Shure SE310 Isolating Earphones (Lasted 10 Months before falling apart)
Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220 Earphones (Lasted 12 Months before falling apart)
Denon AH-C260 (Lasted 12 Months before falling apart)
V-MODA Crossfade M-100 (Current)
I used to buy Sound Isolating Earphones exclusively. I just did not see the point in buying headphones. They looked so bulky and cumbersome to carry around I did not believe they would be worth the effort. Sound Isolating Earphones are portable and convenient to carry around I just got used to the convenience of having them plus they are the best when it comes to sound isolating. However I was getting fed up of having to clean them all the time it does not matter how clean your ears are the silicone/foam pieces are going to get dirty eventually. I also found the build quality to be average at best. It was only a matter of time before they started to fall apart either the sound would go from one side or the whole thing would just get flimsy. On average they would last a year and then I would have to replace them. For the price I was paying for them I expected better.
The V-MODA Crossfade M-100's are the first pair of over the ear headphones I have ever bought for myself. I made the decision to buy headphones while watching the London 2012 Olympics and seeing all the athletes with their headphones on, some of them giving free publicity to a certain brand which everyone is familiar with! They are both a fashion statement and of course they sound good too. I took a gamble buying these headphones because I did not have a chance to try them out in store because right now they are not available in the UK.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This has got to be the most amazing pair of headphones I has ever own the bass is not over welming it is more bass than most head phone so its good for bass heads like my self how... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Liam
Are these headphone good value for money? No I'm sorry they are not. But what I can say is I can never go back after using them as the music coming from them is simply sublime,... Read morePublished 20 days ago by Mario
These were bought for my son. The first set were defective but they were replaced very quickly. He says the sound is awsome.Published 1 month ago by Christine Hale
To me these are the best headphones available in this price range as well as beating many competitors costing significantly more. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I Purchased these 27 Nov 2014. Excellent pair of headphones! Im not going to get into much detail as I'm no audiophile and there's plenty of great reviews already. Read morePublished 2 months ago by DMA
Packaging & Accessories:
Headphones came in elegant packaging, with a hard carrying a case, two wires, headphone jack covers and 3.5mm to 6mm jack converter. Read more
First of all: bought them on Amazon Warehouse £90 cheaper than RRP. No signs of use, someone just returned them for some reason, and...
... I'm starting to see why. Read more
Everything is good execept for audio quality feels a bit flat/ too much bass compared to my sennheisersPublished 2 months ago by brandon crittall bc