V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - Gunmetal Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 50mm dual-diaphragm drivers provide deep vibrant bass, organic mid-range, and high-end clarity
- Memory foam ear cushions reduce ambient noise and enable a low bass response
- Lightweight metal construction lets you listen to your favorite music comfortably for hours
- Steel frame, flexible memory headband, and detachable Kevlar-reinforced cables for serious durability
- Includes hard exoskeleton carry case, 69-inch Kevlar-reinforced audio cable, remote/mic cable for compatible devices
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Colour Name: black
Why Crossfade LP?
When it comes to the most important feature for headphones - sound quality -V-MODA's Crossfade LP definitely delivers.
- Superior Sound
- Military-Level Durability
- Comfort, Customization, Style
- Detachable Microphone & Audio Cables
Immersive 3D Soundstage: Evokes the experience of a live performance
Vibrant Bass: Don't just hear the music, feel it in absolute BLISS
Vivacious Highs & Vivid Midrange: Lifelike vocals, clear cymbals and crispy hi-hats
Crossfade LP's superior sound is created by:
- 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver (Patent Pending): Inner and outer rings separate the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs
- Master Crafted Materials: More expensive driver and components than peer headphones at this price range
- Musician + DJ Collaboration: Over 50 legendary musicians and DJs collaborated on the sound, durability and features of Crossfade
- Analog Noise Isolation: Naturally cut out the distractions of jet engines, crying babies and crowd noise
- No Batteries or Artificial Processing: Powerful, pure sound without the two extra digital-to-analog conversions of battery powered headphones that pollute the purity of your music
- Minimal Sound Leakage: Immersive sound for you without bothering others
- Consistent Driver Quality: Quality tested across the frequencies to maintain stricter consistency unit-to-unit than competitors, often by an order of magnitude
Military-Level Durability MIL-STD-810G
- Virtually Indestructible STEELFLEX Headband
- Steel Frame & Interchangeable Aircraft Grade Metal Shields
- 2-Year Warranty & 50% Immortal Life Program
- Kevlar Reinforced Cable/Plug Bend: Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard)
- Concrete Drop: Survives 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet (10x industry standard)
- Headband Bend: SteelFlex can bend 10+ times flat
- Environmental: High and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
Which One is for You?
|Crossfade M-100 |
white silver matte black
|Crossfade LP2 |
|Crossfade LP |
nero gunmetal black
chrome rouge white pearl
|Crossfade M-80 |
shadow white pearl
|Sound Signature||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||LP-Class "Live Play"||LP-Class "Live Play"||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"|
|Character||audiophile balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage||refined vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear highs, 3D sound stage|
|Driver||M-100 Dual-Diaphragm |
|LP2 Dual-Diaphragm |
|LP Dual-Diaphragm |
|M-80 Dual-Diaphragm |
|SteelFlex Headband|| |
|Passive Noise Isolation|| |
|Exoskeleton Case|| |
|Dual Inputs|| |
|SpeakEasy Mic|| |
|CoilPro Compatible (not included)|| |
|BoomPro Compatible (not included)|| |
|Kevlar Reinforced Cables||• 1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
• SharePlay audio cable
|• 3-Button mic cable |
• Extended Audio cable
|• 3-Button mic cable |
• Audio Only cable
|• 3-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
• 1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable
|Customization + Laser Engraving||optional||gunmetal shields included ||optional||optional|
Comfort, Customization, Style
- Mind The Gap: Tailored ergonomics eliminates the "space helmet" look of common headphones
- Inspired in Italy, Styled in Hollywood: Stylish colors and metal beats plastic headphones
- 3+ Years of R&D: Resulted in an ergonomic headband and hexagon shape that contours to the natural lines of your facial features and ears
- Supple BLISS Memory Foam Cushions: Naturally forms to your ears to provide ergonomic comfort and noise isolation for extended listening sessions
- Optional Custom Shield Kits: Laser engrave your logo or change your shield color
- Optional Cables & Ear Cushions: Choose from a variety of color and feature options so that you have a different headphone than everybody else
Portable Exoskeleton Case
- Form-Fitting Case: Store your headphones and gear in the included hard-shell case
- V-STRAP System: Organize included cables and 1/4" adapter via the V-STRAP systems inside the exoskeleton case, with extra room left over for your USB Flash Drive and Fader earplugs
- Carabiner: Safely clip your headphones on the outside of your bag
Detachable Cables: Make the Call. Control it All.
- 3-Button Mic Cable: 3-button remote microphone cable controls your calls, music and volume on most smartphones and tablets including the latest Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Macbook (volume compatible only with Apple products)
- Audio Cable: Extended length audio-only cable and 1/4" adapter is universally compatible with all audio devices and professional equipment
- Optional BoomPro & SpeakEasy 1-Button Cables: Extend your functionality with a professional-grade boom mic for gaming and Skype or a SpeakEasy 1-button mic cable (not included)
Developed by Musicians & Travelers
V-MODA is the authentic music brand that fuses fashion and function. Headphones are essential tools for mobile producers and musicians who require unparalleled performance delivered reliably, night in and night out. The founder of V-MODA, also a producer and DJ, designed the LP to deliver professional sound yet withstand even the rigorous needs of globetrotting travelers. V-MODA's professional pedigree is shown through a clear history of innovation: the Hex design, product, dual-diaphragm drivers, CliqFold, SharePlay, V-CORK, packaging and accessories are all patented or patent pending.
The Crossfade series was master crafted by the people - over 200 audiophiles, editors, artists, DJs and Grammy-winning musicians collaborated for years on the tuning and features of the line. V-MODA utilized hundreds of prototypes to gain feedback from the collective masterminds of the best in the business to create the ultimate versatile and customizable headphone.
Detachable Kevlar reinforced 3-button audio and mic cable
pro audio/DJ cable
1/4" 24k gold pro adapter
Top customer reviews
I'm still using the same cables that came with the headphones, both are still in perfect working order. (the mic is still working too)
Build quality... I used to go staking with these on (on my little cruiser, skating around town) and they've taken a few knocks... I'm not going to lie, the actual ear cups separate from the headband, but they just pop back into place.
I go cycling with them on, and they've survived many rainy days and still I can't fault the clarity they still give!
As for comfort and fit... I have a medium sized head and I have the band on the smallest setting (the headband adjustment clicks still hold them in place, no sign of wear). The memory foam hasn't started to sag at all. The around ear cushion are still... Cushioning haha
V-moda > dre beats any day
2 years of wear and tear, and in my opinion, they've aged very nicely :)
Photos to give you an idea of size and build quality :)
As for comfort and style they are brilliant. Soft ear cups and lightweight chassis make them easy to wear for hours and apparently you need to bed them in for 24 hours before max comfort is reached and the best sound produced.
All in all I really like them and don't feel that I have had to follow the Beats crowd to great sound.....
There are a lot of reviews about this that complain about bass, muggy sound and things like that, but I promise you they're not the headphones, its just people not using them properly.
With headphones, especially premium ones, you have to be patient. Straight out the box the sound was disappointing BUT to me thats minor. You just have to plug them into something and leave music playing (preferably different genres) for at least 24 hours so the headphones "burn in" to properly allow the drivers to loosen up and perform how they should do (if something is designed to vibrate and it spends months not moving at all its obviously going to be stiff). After doing this an extremely noticeable improvement in audio quality occurs, Perhaps one of the most drastic improvements on any headphones I've owned (which is a lot).
After they've burned in if you're still not happy look at what you're plugging them into. The quality of audio from my iPod is much better than my phone so there's the sound improved further. Also your audio files, an MP3 at a low bit rate will sound awful in any half decent headphones let alone ones as premium as this. Aim for MP3's at 320Kbps for compressed audio. Even then if you're not satisfied look at your EQ preferences, I think these headphones really benefit from a treble increasing EQ, it honestly creates such a natural sound which still blows me away.
After you complete these steps and finetune the audio to your liking you can properly begin to critique the headphones.
The sound quality is phenomenal. Instrument separation is perfect, I can always tell what's being played at what time without straining, bass is present without overwhelming the rest of the tones creating a very satisfying umph behind the main tones of the music, the treble isn't over exaggerated and harsh on the ears, it just sounds natural. Mids are often lost in cheaper headphones, but not these, every tone is accurately reproduced and you will really hear the difference.
The headphones themselves are relatively heavy but not fatiguing to wear, the ear pads fit nicely around the ears and they are comfortable for long use. The build quality on the product is outstanding even the thin metal attaching headphone cup to headband feels so strong and this same strength applies to the carry case, and the cables.
I honestly cannot recommend these headphones, I've owned plenty earphones and headphones ranging from things like Klipsch Image x10i to Monster Gratitude in ears and none of them scratch what this headphone is.
+ Excellent, natural sound great for all music genres with multiple instruments (I listen to rock, metal, dance, indie and classical and some pop)
+ Very well built to the point where I don't see them breaking before the warranty period is over
+ Bundled case is great as you can hook it onto the outside of your bag so space isnt taken up inside and it has space for all the accessories and the headphones
+ Comes with a cleaning cloth, Cable with a mic/ 3-button control, longer cable with no control for things like a Hi-Fi
+ That it was only £49.99
- Sound has to be tinkered with (for me enjoyable but for most a nuisance)
- The cables are good quality but I don't think they Look as good as they possibly could
I have previously owned Beat studios, Beats executives and Soul SL 300 headphones and the V Modas not only match up to their quality it passes it. I was worried when I first got them as the sound sounded muddy, like it was being played in a large room but then I read online that the headphones require wearing in and once I listened to them for a while they turned out to be incredible. They do not take batteries like the previous three headphones I have owned and do not have active noise cancelling but the noise isolation is great, the beats/souls blocked more sound out but not by much and what do you expect? They took batteries, these don't. They looked great, you can customise the side shields, they come with kevlar cables which are much better than the ones that come with the other headphones I have owned and they are constructed very well.
Cheaper than beats but better than beats, don't fall for the big names like I did.
I guess the only problem I have with them is the fact that they don't fold up but if that was enough to stop you buying them then go for the upgrade, the M 100s. Sometimes the audio can sound unbalances slightly but unless you're an audiophile you will not notice.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews