V-MODA Crossfade M-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - White Pearl
|Price:||£170.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Award-winning sound, military level durability, ultimate ergonomics in an ultra-portable size
- Metal construction and military level testing ensures unrivaled durability
- Supreme comfort, natural noise isolation, bespoke fit and 3D sound with over 3 years of fitting R&D
- Exoskeleton hard carry case and two detachable cables with both 3-button and 1-button microphones for all smartphone, tablet and audio compatibility
- 2 year warranty and immortal life program provides 50% off lifetime replacement for extreme use and post warranty coverage
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item V-MODA Crossfade M-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - White Pearl
V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - Shadow
Sennheiser PXC 250-II Foldable Closed-Back Stereo Mini On-Ear Headphones with Noiseguard Active Noise Cancellation
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC Wireless Closed Back Headset with Noise Cancelling - Black
Sony MDR-ZX770BN Wireless and Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black and Blue
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Colour||White Pearl||Shadow||Black||Black||Black and Blue|
|Headphones Form Factor||on-ear||over-ear||On-ear||Around Ear||over-ear|
|Item Dimensions||7.62 x 17.78 x 22.86 cm||17.88 x 11.43 x 24.13 cm||19.99 x 7.62 x 15.24 cm||10.01 x 17.98 x 26.03 cm||15 x 20 x 4.7 cm|
|Special Feature||with_microphone; integrated_remote_control||Noise_Isolating||noise cancelling||with microphone||wireless^Noise_Cancelling|
Colour Name: White Pearl
Why Crossfade M-80?M-80 sets the mobile audiophile standard for precision audio, comfort & rock-solid engineering…
- Superior Sound
- Military-Level Durability
- Comfort, Customization, Style
- Ultra-Compact Size
- Detachable Microphone & Audio Cables
Superior Sound. Smaller Size.
Immersive 3D Soundstage: Evokes the experience of a live performance
Clean Deep Bass: Feel and hear the precise vibrations of your music without bloated boom or a muddy mid-range
Crystal Clear Highs & Vivid Midrange: Lifelike vocals, crystal clear cymbals and crispy hi-hats
Comfort & Sound: Ergonomic SteelFlex headband & supple memory foam cushions naturally form to your head and ears
M-80's explosive sound is created by:
- 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver (Patent Pending): Inner and outer rings separate the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs
- Master Crafted Materials: More expensive driver and components than peer headphones at this price range
- Modern Audiophile Tuning: Fine-tuned by over 50 legendary producers, artists and DJs to be the perfect mobile headphone for auditioning, producing and mastering music on the go
- Analog Noise Isolation: Naturally cut out the distractions of jet engines, crying babies and crowd noise
- No Batteries or Artificial Processing: Powerful, pure sound without the two extra digital-to-analog conversions of battery powered headphones that pollute the purity of your music
- Minimal Sound Leakage: Immersive sound for you without bothering others
- Consistent Driver Quality: Quality tested across the frequencies to maintain stricter consistency unit-to-unit than competitors, often by an order of magnitude
Military-Level Durability MIL-STD-810G
- Virtually Indestructible STEELFLEX Headband
- Steel Frame and Interchangeable Aircraft Grade Metal Shields
- 2-Year Warranty & 50% Immortal Life Program
- Kevlar Reinforced Cable/Plug Bend: Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard)
- Concrete Drop: Survives 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet (10x industry standard)
- Headband Bend: SteelFlex can bend 10+ times flat
- Environmental: High and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
Comfort, Customization, Style
- Inspired in Italy, Styled in Hollywood: Stylish colors and metal beats plastic headphones
- 4+ Years of R&D: Resulted in an ergonomic headband and hexagon shape that contours to the natural lines of your facial features and ears
- Optional Custom Shield Kits: Laser engrave your logo or change your shield color
- Optional Cables & Ear Cushions: Choose from a variety of color and feature options so that you have a different headphone than everybody else
Ultra-Compact Design & Travel Case
- 53% Smaller Design: Rock M-80 as your "daily driver" for all your calls and music, it is half the size of its over-ear siblings so you can wear it all day long
- Hear, There, Anywhere: Perfect for nearly any scenario including commuting, conference calls, travel, gym, office or mobile music production
- Form-Fitting Case: Store your headphones and gear in the included hard-shell case
- V-STRAP System: Organize included cables and 1/4" adapter via the V-STRAP systems inside the exoskeleton case, with extra room left over for your USB Flash Drive and Fader earplugs
Detachable Cables: Make the Call.
- SpeakEasy 1-Button Mic for Android and smartphones/tablets: Specially tuned for voice recognition and calls in the noisiest environments, the 1-button control universally works with all 3.5mm smartphones and tablets including Android, Windows, Blackberry, Kindle and Apple
- SpeakEasy 3-Button Mic for Apple: 3-button remote microphone cable controls your calls, music and volume on the latest Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Macbooks
- Optional BoomPro Cable: Extend your functionality with a professional-grade boom mic for gaming, Skype or podcast/broadcast use (not included)
Which One is for You?
|Crossfade M-100 |
white silver matte black
|Crossfade LP2 |
|Crossfade LP |
nero gunmetal black
chrome rouge white pearl
|Crossfade M-80 |
shadow white pearl
|Sound Signature||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||LP-Class "Live Play"||LP-Class "Live Play"||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"|
|Character||audiophile balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage||refined vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear highs, 3D sound stage|
|Driver||M-100 Dual-Diaphragm |
|LP2 Dual-Diaphragm |
|LP Dual-Diaphragm |
|M-80 Dual-Diaphragm |
|SteelFlex Headband|| |
|Passive Noise Isolation|| |
|Exoskeleton Case|| |
|Dual Inputs|| |
|SpeakEasy Mic|| |
|CoilPro Compatible (not included)|| |
|BoomPro Compatible (not included)|| |
|Kevlar Reinforced Cables||• 1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
• SharePlay audio cable
|• 3-Button mic cable |
• Extended Audio cable
|• 3-Button mic cable |
• Audio Only cable
|• 3-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
• 1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable
|Customization||optional||gunmetal shields included ||optional||optional|
Developed by Musicians & Travelers
V-MODA is the authentic music brand that fuses fashion and function. Headphones are essential tools for mobile producers and musicians who require unparalleled performance delivered reliably, night in and night out. The founder of V-MODA, also a producer and DJ, designed the M-80 to deliver professional sound yet withstand even the rigorous needs of globetrotting travelers.
The Crossfade series was master crafted by the people - over 200 audiophiles, editors, artists, DJs and Grammy-winning musicians collaborated for years on the tuning and features of the line. V-MODA utilized hundreds of prototypes to gain feedback from the collective masterminds of the best in the business to create the ultimate versatile and customizable headphone.
Detachable Kevlar reinforced 1-button audio and mic cable
Detachable Kevlar reinforced 3-button audio and mic cable
Top customer reviews
I spent some time researching on-ears (supra-aural) headphones before buying the V-Moda M-80 as I was looking for something that had excellent sound, good build quality and would work well both unamplified and amplified. The headphones must also be portable, i.e. not full size, over-ears (circum-aural) headphones, must be comfortable for long periods of time and provide sufficient isolation from outside noise, without leaking sound and annoying others around me. They also must work well with all my portable devices (HTC One X, iPod Video, Sansa Clip Zip, Colorfly C3)
My musical tastes run from classical right through pop, rock, metal and dance and trying to find headphones that suit all genres, and that sound equally well on all devices, is difficult. I typically listen to portable audio in either high bitrate (320k) MP3's or FLAC. Having read extensive reviews of the M80's on the head-fi forums, on here and on other websites/forums, I felt confident enough to take the plunge and purchase them.
So, on to the review...
Comes in a high quality box, sealed with a ribbon that you have to cut to open. Within the box is an even higher quality hard case that contains the headphones, two different cables for them (one for Apple devices, one for everything else) and a lanyard clip for hooking the carry case onto a belt loop or rucksack. The inside of the carrying case is finished in a red velour type of material that will keep your headphones secure and scratch free.
The headphones have a solid steel band. Quite the most robust I have ever seen on a pair of headphones and videos I have seen of V-Moda and others stressing the headband by twisting it into all sorts of shapes and stretching it out flat, show just how robust the headband is. The headband is finished at the top with a nappa style leather and some ventilated cushioning. Earpieces are well moulded from a heavy duty plastic and have removable metal faceplates on them that can be customised (I'll come to that later). The headphones take a removable, standard 3.5mm male jack/jack cable and the two different ones provided are thick, kevlar re-inforced cables that will take some considerable abuse. Nonetheless it is nice to have removable cables just in case you do damage one. The earpads fit on your ears (not over them) and have a soft leatherette covering over the top of soft foam. Please note that these headphones do not fold up as some portable headphones do, but their compact size and excellent carrying case, really make this a non-issue for carrying them round in a rucksack or other bag.
Comfort and isolation:
Very comfortable. They sit on the ears nicely, with just sufficient clamping force to keep them in place and I can wear them for hours on end without any discomfort. The robust steel headband can easily be adjusted to fit almost anyones head.
Isolation levels are good, with little or no sound intruding from outside, and this is impressive for on-ears headphones. How good the isolation will be for you, will depend on how well they seal against your ears, but for me, they sealed very well. These headphones are considered to be closed back, but in fact do contain small vents at the bottom of each earpiece that will let a tiny bit of sound leak out. In practice I find that anyone sitting more than an arms length away, cannot hear any sound from them at all, and I suspect the only time you might have an issue is if you are sitting right next to someone on a plane and had the volume turned up to very high levels.
Superb. They have a well rounded and full bodied sound, that is smooth, yet balanced and punchy and delivers at all levels. Bass is well defined and extends well, and kick drums sound like they are trying to break the bridge of your nose from inside of your head. Don't get me wrong, these headphones are not bass monsters like the awful 'Dre Beats' range, what they are instead, is capable of delivering all the bass you need in a controlled,punchy and deep manner, without sacrificing the mids and trebles in order to do so. Mids are balanced and well presented for both male and female vocals, and trebles are crisp and again balanced with the rest of the sound without any sibilance. The headphones work well across all my devices without using a headphone amplifier and have an impedence that makes them easy to drive by any device I have.
Not only are they one of the best headphones I have ever heard, but if you use them with an external DAC/Amplifier (such as the Fiio E7) connected to your PC, then they step up another level again. They even manage to make Spotify streaming music sound good on my laptop/PC, which is no mean feat and is a testament to how good these headphones are when used with external DAC's/amplification.
V-Moda allow you to order (from their website)customised headphone plates in a variety of different colours and that can be printed with logos and/or simple art and your name. These can then be used to replace the metal plates on the side of the headphone earpieces, in order to give you a totally unique and customised set of headphones. A really nice touch I thought, and I have ordered and recieved a set of these myself.
Superb quality headphones at a keen price. I would defy anyone to find something that sound or look as good as these at the same price. Their only real competitor is possibly the Sennheiser HD25-1 II, but the Sennheiser is more expensive, and in my opinion, not quite as good. It is evident to my eyes and ears, that V-Moda have gone to a great deal of effort in both the design and the sound of these headphones, to deliver something that is at the top of its particular field. So, in summary, the positives and the negatives...
[+] Excellent sound quality
[+] Excellent build quality
[+] Top quality accessories in the box
[+] 2 year warranty
[-] Relatively unknown brand name that may put off some people that value a well known brand name
First impressions... These are comfortable headphones which, based on what I've read, will only get more comfortable as the memory foam molds to my head shape. The noise isolation is surprisingly good. I couldn't hear my girlfriend talk from a few feet away. Similarly, I barely heard any traffic sounds when I went outdoors. The sound quality is excellent. I use M-80s with my Samsung Galaxy smarthphone without a portable amp and the sound is full. At 75% volume from the smartphone, they are already a bit too loud. I listen to modern rock and pop, and I would say the sound is lively with the emphasis on bass (which M-80s have plenty although they are not the overpowering sort). While the vocals do sound clear and great, the emphasis is clearly on somewhere else. The set of accessories that come with these cans is excellent. I especially love the carry case which is super handy and durable.
About sizing... These headphones are on the small side. My head measures about 60.8cm (cap size a little over 7 5/8 or two fasteners attacted) and my hat size is about XL (my hats are L/XL and they are slightly too small). M-80s have a 10-click headband with a little extra after the final click. I was a bit worried about ordering these headphones as some have returned them because of too short headband. Luckily, the tenth click together with the extra after it are just enough for my head. However, I do encourage people to try these first (if possible) if you have a big head.
With sexy looks, military-grade durablity and exciting sound, I thoroughly recommend these cans for music lovers that are looking for the unamped, portable experience. Just be careful about the sizing if your head is XL or bigger and remember to buy from an V-Moda verified reseller (like Amazon.co.uk.).
- unbelievable built and finish quality
- nice "V" shaped sound signature for those who likes crisp trebles and deep basses (deep but not too "beats style" deep)
- good passive external sound isolation
- impressive soundstage for a closed back small headphone
- headband pressure pending for the strong side but still confortable though
- the carrying case do not fit the headphone with the cable attached, adding unnecessary stress to de plug conector
These V-Moda headphones deliver outstanding audio quality across a diverse range of music - connected either to my iPod Touch or iPad. I am delighted with them. Far better than the Beats phones, which I found too bass heavy. I also prefer the sound quality to the B&W and Bose offerings. They are still far from cheap (I paid £115) but the quality/value is superb compared to the more expensive offerings from B&W and Bose. The build quality is also superb, these will not be damaged easily.
For those who care about such things (I don't), they look good too.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
The big deal breaker for some might be that these get quite uncomfortable after a few hours...Read more