Utopia and Dissent: Art, Poetry, and Poltics in California Hardcover – 27 Mar 1995
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A unique collection of individual portraits of persons not discussed in other histories. By sampling these personal stories, Smith has also mapped the process by which California was transformed from a provincial backwater state into one of the dominant centers of the avant-garde."--"Library Journal
About the Author
Richard Candida Smith is Assistant Professor of History, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor."
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Art Issues
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Literary Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies