Customer reviews

on 9 January 2008
At the moment I'm studying planning theory as a module of my MA. After getting very confused in (I'll be honest - the majority of) the lectures I came home to prepare for the exam with a looming sense of dread.

After reading this, however, it's all become clear. The author explains planning theory since 1945 (does what it says on the tin), and links it to planning practice, in a clear and easy to understand manner. There is very little jargon, the chapters are concise and to the point, and there are thankfully few long words to confuse you in the wee hours.

I'd totally recommend this to any planning students - not just my fellow thickies.
on 16 September 2010
A good little book that helps to explain the theories behind urban planning in the UK. Can be slightly hard to follow at first, but well worth the read. Explains the problems behind planning in the 1940s-1960s via theories of Keeble etc, in great detail. The rest of the book merely deals with urban policy etc, as found in most other planning books. If you are studying urban planning? this book is a good choice. I also found it useful for understanding the reason(s) behind the lose of historic buildings in the 1950s/1960s. Also handy for human geography/social science.
on 25 November 2014
Well written, it gives a brilliant background and this is recommended by my MSc planning lecturer
on 2 October 2014
useful textbook
on 26 November 2016
Good quality
on 20 September 2009
After I ordered this item, I received it quickly, well wrapped and in good order. The seller even send me an email to ask whether I received the book. Perfect service !