- Mass Market Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Dutton / Signet; Reissue edition (24 Sept. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0451528484
- ISBN-13: 978-0451528483
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 1 x 17.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 193,166 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Upanishads: Breath of the Eternal Mass Market Paperback – 24 Sep 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The Upanishads are regarded as the jewel of Hindu philosophy and it is not difficult to see why. The words are just as relevant today as when first spoken, and at the time had a strong influence on early Greek, Jewish and Christian thinkers.
The translation provided is very good and provides for thought-provoking and deep reading. I have re-read this on many occasions and it is just as interesting every time.
It is not a large book so is easy to carry. Buy this, you will not regret it!
For anyone familiar with Vedic literature/knowledge who hasn't read the Upanishads, this is the best book to start with.
For anyone who has read the Upanishads, you are missing out if you haven't read this little gem.