Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 January 2014
This is a great book to complement my collection of books.

I have been playing the sax for 9 weeks now and was starting to get bored of the beginner tunes that seem to be an aspect of every learner book out there. This book as the tittle suggests is light relief from grade work, however its also light relief from the beginner books as well. With this and my 80 Graded Studies and ABRSM Grades 1 - 5 Sight Reading tests, i am seeing improvements everyday, which is boosting my confidence as I press on with me learning the sax.

I do have a teacher, but I see him more as a facilitator in my learning, whilst I progress and learn the instrument myself. And through interesting books like this, it really does seem to make all the difference in my progression and learning.

The tunes are easy to learn and help your sight reading abilities no end. And the songs are a lot more fun than going over and over the same tunes. Plus they seem to be on graduated difficulty as the name suggests so that with playing along with the songs, my abilities will improve so I can advance onto more fun stuff.
on 19 February 2014
As a beginner saxophonist this makes a change from scales and exercise's. I would have liked a few more known tunes as I'm still at the stage that if I have an idea of the melody I find it easier to play. However have had great fun with the Can Can and Banana Boat song. They seem to be graded in difficulty as you work your way through new notes are introduced and different keys. I would recommend it.
on 3 April 2013
I was recommended to buy this book for my daughter who has been learning to play the sax for less than a year. It has a good variety of songs to learn and she has picked up several of them very quickly. This is a good book for making progress and learnign to play with the piano - as it has piano a part as well, so I can play with her.
on 16 December 2012
I use this book a lot with my students. It contains grade 1 and 2 material and some good duets as well. Recommended.
on 5 February 2013
My daughters saxphone teacher asked me to get this book because it is necessary for her grade 2 exam. There are some lovely tunes and we enjoy listening to them and she enjoys playing them.
on 29 September 2013
Board with the same tunes that everyone is playing.
clear print and well put together.
Keeps the fun in learning to play
on 16 September 2013
Bought this as recommended by Sax teacher. Great tunes including some played in Grade 2 exam. Reasonable price from this retailer.
on 2 June 2014
What can I say? It;s a book for sax grades! Does the job! I don't know what else to write!
on 6 August 2015
Excellent traditional British tunes and fun arrangements. My pupils love it.
on 12 May 2015
Look forward to passing my exam with this book!