Up from Scapegoating (P): Awakening Consciousness in Groups (Syracuse Studies on Peace and Conflict) Paperback – 1 Dec 1995
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Author
consultations about scapegoating
ever since Up from Scapegoating has been available on amazon.com I recieved a number of consultation requests from individuals and subgroups who've experienced the scapegoating phenomena and want help. They've ranged from requests by lawyers to help with scapegoated, abused clients who want a handle on group process to members of religious communities who find themselves isolated by the blanket of goodness and denial to students in schools finding a class process to be powerfully scapegoating--often of friends as well as themselves. Each one takes some analyzing but I think there should be a group of people who are interested and can do something to advance a general theoy and practice. The dynamics of victimization by groups attempting to exclude and excommunicate for the purpose of their own wholeness is common to all kind of abuse.
From the Back Cover
Up from Scapegoating is the first book that connects Jungian psychology and its usual focus on the individual and individual development to group theory and group development. Arthur Colman, a pioneer in developing group relations theory and practice in the United States, takes Jung's basic beliefs in the collective unconscious, individuation, and the shadow and shows their relevance to the problems of groups, institutions, and political systems. His insights and new methods are extremely important in a nuclear and environmental age where every individual's survival is hinged to the happenings or consciousness of a larger group.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
However, it was a very hard read and took a long time to grasp what the author was saying.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Social
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences