Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 26 June 2013
This is an absolutely stunning read. It is a psychological thriller told from three different points of view, that of Claudia, her nanny Zoe and Lorraine, a detective. Claudia and Zoe's stories are told in the first person, and because each character has a very distinct, individual voice, it works from the very first chapters. It seems to add to the chilling feel of the book as right from the start you are completely immersed inside the minds of two of the main characters, living the story with them.

It is a book that simply drip feeds menace to the reader, with every single chapter seeming to seep out a little bit more so that by the end of the read you are completely wiped out. It is impossible to talk about the storyline itself without giving anything away, suffice to say that it is one where, as a woman, I could empathise, in different ways, with all three of the main characters.

It is a very cleverly plotted book, one which will have you constantly trying to work things out in your head as you read on. The characters are very easy to connect and empathise with. When you have finished it, you will still be going over it in your mind the next day thinking "Could it have happened that way?" I found myself googling one particular thing just to check its feasibility and the answer was "yes".

It was a book that had me gripped from the prologue and left me open mouthed at the end. I think it is one of the best books I have read in a long while and can't recommend it highly enough.
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2013
It has been a while since I reviewed anything, despite doing a lot of reading. However 'Until You're Mine' is such a fantastic read that I have to review it, simply to say that if you haven't read this, buy it today. I wouldn't start reading until you've a very easy day or so ahead though. I planned to spend yesterday getting organised for our summer holiday, but succeeded only in being utterly self indulgent and spending most of the day curled up with this novel.

It is very well written, with three strands which compliment each other brilliantly. It has a very satisfying conclusion and left me with no loose ends to irritate over the coming days. My only regret is that I should have saved this for the beach. If you are reading this review with a view to purchasing this book, then I cannot recommend it highly enough. I envy you the pleasure of anticipation of an excellent novel.
on 28 July 2014
This is a fairly quick review of Until You’re Mine by Samantha Hayes because it’s such a gripping thriller full of surprises that I don’t want to give anything away!

The book is told from multiple perspectives- Claudia’s, Zoe’s and detective Lauren’s. It’s easy enough to read – the language is quite simple and not overly descriptive but gives the reader enough to make them feel really immersed in the story – and the characters are likeable. You do feel for Claudia, who will be pregnant and alone with her husband’s twin sons, apart from the new nanny Zoe who seems in many ways a little strange. You also feel for Lauren the detective as she has her own issues and family problems. Finally, you don’t quite know what to make of Zoe, the new nanny, who seems too good to be true- and this is the gripping part of the novel! You know something isn’t quite right, but what you think you know isn’t what you are going to find out…if you know what I mean (that didn’t make an awful lot of sense, but read it and you WILL know!)

There are some scenes in this novel which are a little gruseome (not a lot, just a little!) and some of the storyline is pretty messed up. Not awfully so, but enough to make you think, “wow…there are some desperate people out there!”

Plus, it doesn’t pretend to be anything that it’s not - it’s an entertaining thriller with a good twist!

Until You’re Mine kept me completely hooked.

** For more book reviews check my blog: http://snazzybooks.wordpress.com **
on 20 July 2013
wow, saw this recommended in a sunday mag and although its not what I usually read I ordered it, read it in a day,was absolutely brilliant, all my friends now borrowing it and they all agree......super
on 9 November 2014
This is a psychological thriller with some good characters that hold the plot together however the author does throw in a few random happenings which don't altogether fit with the flow of the novel.

For the best part it was a good thrilling read; I didn't guess the 'who dunnit' at the end and for me that was a bonus. All along the author is leading you to believe one person is responsible and then throws a curve ball and the last few lines of the book are genius.

Three main characters dominate this novel; Zoe the Nanny, Claudia pregnant with her first child and mother to James' (he's a naval officer and away a lot) two sons Oscar and Noah, and Lorraine a CID officer who is investigating some gruesome murders of pregnant women in the area. The author uses different narrative types - first person when she is being Claudia and Zoe and third person when she is being Lorraine.

The book has good pace and has enough tension and subtle clues to keep the reader moving along and guessing until the end.

I did feel that one part of the story didn't really fit in and that was when we learnt the naval officer husband has been involved in some shady goings on (I don't want to give anything away so won't reveal what). I just felt that this wasn't necessary to the story line and couldn't understand why Samantha Hayes felt it necessary to put it in. I also felt the introduction of the detectives' daughter was irrelevant and not necessary to the story in any way since the reader was not meant to connect with this character and was not vital to the plot.

As with most of these genres of novels it does stretch credibility but for all that it was entertaining and for the best part a gripping read.

It would be easy to retell the story in this review but if I told you I'd have to kill you (only joking); read it an enjoy it. If you liked Gone Girl then this will appeal. For me it just lacked totally bringing together in parts which is what let it down but even with that it was a good thrilling read and I would read this author again. I give this 4 stars because the last line of the book is brilliant, creepy and totally unexpected.

I would like to thank the publisher for sending me this copy in exchange for an honest review.
on 15 October 2013
Becomes a little confusing half way through but you have to carry on to find out how the story unfolds. Very intriguing read that at times can seem a little far fetched
on 1 March 2015
This book had me gripped from start to finish. I would find myself counting down the minutes till I would get the chance to read it again. It had me more gripped than any TV soap and I really do think it should be made into a TV series like midsomers , DI fisher and DI Scott make a great team.
This book has plenty of twists that will leave u shocked !
I'm normally a chick lit sort of girl but after reading this I will def read more physiological thrillers esp any by Samantha Hayes.
on 29 March 2015
Firstly I'd say don't read any of the 2 star reviews as one of them tells you the ending in the first sentence- a major spoiler. The book started off well but then dragged somewhat. The book dovetails the storylines from Zoe's point of view, Claudia's point of view and Lorraine/Adam married DIs. I remain unconvinced that the Grace (DI's daughter) storyline added anything. I found Zoe's character somewhat unbelievable especially towards the end, I kept asking myself- really? Claudia is perhaps the most believable but again not very likeable. Not really a bad book- if you're on holiday, by the pool you could do worse and it's cheap. Some of the comments in the book seriously grated with me and I got hugely fed up with the whole obsession with pregnancy and surrounding comments. The female characters are rather weak natured. Towards the end Lorraine annoyed the bejeezus out of me-does the woman not listen? Given the last line of the book I think the book could have been more thrilling and exciting rather than concentrating on the minutiae.
on 18 July 2014
I think it's very hard to advertise suspense novels in a way that doesn't raise expectations. When you know there is a twist coming, I find that it can heighten the suspense, but you also need to make sure that the suspense pays off. In this case, I really don't think that it did.

The story centres around a serial killer who murders pregnant women. One of the characters is a pregnant woman and the other main character is a (very, very suspicious) nanny. As the narrative moves along, I found myself interested at first, but I clocked fairly early what the twist would be. I also knew that the author would need to work hard to pull it off as it was fairly unbelievable. The author didn't pull it off, as it required a remarkable suspension of disbelief. I was not a fan and wouldn't recommend it.
on 20 July 2013
Absolutely terrific read. My kind of book.

There's a strong sense of menace right from the start and there were numerous times I was holding my breath. All I can say is wow. I thoroughly enjoyed this and, although this is the first I have read by Sam Hayes, it certainly will not be my last.

Zoe is a really creepy character. I loved Claudia and James and their two boys, Noah and Oscar. Pip is Claudia's lovely friend who takes Zoe under her wing.

It's just a very creepy physiological thriller (something similar to Before I got to Sleep by S J Watson) and I am sat here absolutely stunned at the ending. I could not put this book down.

Absolutely brilliant and highly recommended.