- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Until Today!: Daily Devotions For Spiritual Growth And Peace Of Mind Paperback – 10 Nov 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This book of 365 daily devotionals supports the time-honoured adage, "Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?" The charismatic spiritual leader Iyanla Vanzant knows how easy it is to stay stuck in "old sentiments, resentments, beliefs, decisions, agreements, judgments, and ideas that may have become habitual". Through these devotions Vanzant hopes to show readers that the easiest way to create change is to simply shift your attitude--today. "We often work so hard to get the things we want that we miss the fact that it is the landscape of the inner world that stands between us and true happiness".
In the closing paragraph of each one-page devotional Vanzant names an old way of thinking and offers readers a new attitude to try on "just for today". For example, Vanzant writes, "Until today, you may have believed that you had to stay in the painful hole of hurt caused by the loss of a loved one. Just for today, make a conscious effort and choice to cover the hole and move on." Some might consider these devotions a fancy term for affirmations. Vanzant scoffs at the notion. Time spent in devotion is not a "New Age trick through which you can impose your will on God, the universe, or those around you", she writes. "Devotion is the reverent, personal act of surrendering your will to the Divine will". --Gail Hudson --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
"Vanzant seems to have touched a chord among those looking for inner peace." --USA TodaySee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I often find these books at charity stores and always snap them up and give them as gifts to people who may be struggling in life, the book is really worth buying if you like daily readers that are going to change your day in a positive way and help you along your spiritual path.
I keep this book by my bed and tend to read a few random pages before I go to sleep. It makes me feel happier and gives me optimism that I can make tomorrow a better day!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Iyanla Vanzant is a very Wise sassy and spiritual women who speaks to you everyday
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Popular Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > Disciplines & Techniques
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Worship & Devotion > Devotionals
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Prayer
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks