- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
The Unsung Sixties: Memoirs of Social Innovation Paperback – 11 Feb 2004
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Joan Bakewell in The Sunday Times, 29 Feb 2004: "... Running parallel to formal government policies, interacting with them and stepping in wherever they were seen to fail, came a tide of self-help, grass-roots activities: from Shelter to the Child Poverty Action Group, from the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants to Consumer Advice Centres. ... The Unsung Sixties well and truly celebrates great achievements from small beginnings." --The Sunday Times
Polly Toynbee in Society Guardian, 11 Feb 2004: "... The moment this book landed on my desk, I kicked myself for not having thought of it myself. The Unsung Sixties: Memoirs fo Social Innovation, by Helene Curtis and Mimi Sanderson, will come as one of those eye-opening 'Of course!' moments to a lot of people who grew up in that decade. ..." --The Guardian
About the Author
Helene Curtis and Mimi Sanderson have a background of employment and research in voluntary and non-government organisations.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Anthropology & Sociology
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services