Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£8.99|
Save £7.00 (78%)
Unstrung Kindle Edition
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It started well and it did a good job at keeping my attention for short reading stints before bed, but nothing more. I found I could take it or leave it most of the time, like it was lacking some suspense that could have made it so much better. The plot is interesting and it has a lot of action packed scenes at the beginning and the end mostly. The middle fell flat for a while and the underlying love story seemed to hold centre stage for a while and it was only after that took a back burner again that the characters really started to come alive for me and I started to get to know them more. Lexa is strong willed, good at her job and will do anything, including risking her life to stand up for what she believes in. A great protagonist that has the potential to develop well within the series.
I liked how the story progressed overall and the little surprises along the way really made the story for me as I didn't expect most of them and found myself shocked at one particular revelation in the book. The surprises really helped to increase the enjoyment I got out of the book.
The ending, for me, felt a little let down. I felt that it could have been dragged out that little bit more to increase the suspense and I felt a little let down when it ending and I never felt the big dramatic ending that I'd hoped for.
Overall a great start to the series that's left me wanting more and looking forward to the next installment in 2015.
There was a twist in the story that appears about halfway through, and depending on how good you are at guessing things, that might have been a surprise, but perhaps not. The second half of the book really ramps up, and I was then totally engrossed right to the end, and will definitely be on the look out for the next instalment.
I really liked how Kendra portrayed the characters, particularly the humanisation of the "artificials" which was so well done. I love the kind of book that look to the future in a "what if" manner - and while mankind haven't taken this route, so far, in terms of robotics, it's something that I, and many others, can believe to be a feasible future. So much more enjoyable than the mundane current reality...
I'll definitely be looking up Kendra's other works.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After a slow start, this book captivated me. Thoroughly enjoyed Lexa's story and can't wait to read the next in the series.Published 17 months ago by Gwynneth White
Lexa leads a very interesting life for a 17 year old. She has never been on a date or had the desire to kiss a boy. Read morePublished on 21 Jan. 2015 by Georgia Watts
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian