The Unruly Queen: Life of Queen Caroline Paperback – 7 Mar 1997
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The strength of the narrative depends on how much (and what type of) detail you prefer. For example. on page 56 (of my paperback) we get nearly a whole page on how people perceived Caroline's appearance. But generally I found the narrative tight and engaging. There are always problems remembering who is who, but that is all part of the fun of reading history. People who complain about this should stick to reading historical novels! There are two family trees at the beginning of the book, and these help.
Miss Fraser is, of course, the daughter (so I have read) of Antonia Fraser and I am no sure which is of the two I prefer. The only book by the mother (Antonia) I have read was the The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (WOMEN IN HISTORY), but this was too long ago. It may take several books by both authors before I can make a decision.
As a paperback, this is an inviting, enjoyable read for people who enjoy commercial history. It's not quite a classic, like Anne Sommerset's The Affair of the Poisons: Murder, Infanticide and Satanism at the Court of Louis XIV, but it's certainly an interesting addition.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > British Royalty
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Royalty
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > British Heads of State
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early Modern 1501-1700 (Tudors, Stuarts, Commonwealth, Restoration, Glorious Revolution)
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Queen Anne, Georgian, Victorian 1701-1901
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Heraldry