- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"The Unloved" taps into the harsh realities that thousands of children face each and every day. Lucy (Molly Windsor) is 11 years-old when she is placed into care in Nottinghamshire s Crop Row children s home after suffering regular physical abuse at the hands of her violent father (Robert Carlisle). In the home she is forced to share a room with 16 year-old Lauren (Lauren Socha) who after initial hostilities takes Lucy under her wing. What unfolds is an incredibly grounded view of the British care system through the innocent, bewildered eyes of a child.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A really brilliant performance by the little girl in particular. The dialogue is very realistic and as far from soap-opera as you can get. This should be a must-see for everyone interested in child protection and social work. The aim of the film isn't to make us feel sorry for the little girl and want to adopt her. It is to help us to see what effect this sort of life has on a child, forever. And to support any initiatives that will improve the lot of the "unloved". Feeling sorry for someone is not the same as giving them love, a lesson that we can perhaps take into all of our relationships with people.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews