- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Unlocking The Enterpriser Inside! A Book Of Why, What And How! Hardcover – 23 May 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Inside Flap
This book is based on a highly successful joint project between the University of Cambridge and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), under the auspices of the Cambridge-MIT Institute. The project brings together communities of highly diverse individuals to share and learn how to be enterprising. It has run 17 times with the positive outcomes of not only training more enterprising individuals, but also building capacity in universities.
The unique feature of this book is how it covers learning in enterprising skills, while at the same time builds capacity in such a way that the alumni themselves can take what they have learned for the benefit of others. Through this book, the authors intend to share what they have learnt and to transmit their passion for this program to others for personal development. Hopefully, others will then repeat this positive experience and make a difference to their respective institutions and communities.
Top customer reviews
1. The book acknowledges the lack of consensus of what entrepreneurship education is, or should be. This issue is emphasized throughout the book in chapter 1, chapter & 2, introduction of chapter 4). One might argue that this assertion undermines the very purpose of a book on entrepreneurship education but this open and honest attitude actually contributes to the credibility of its contents. The book cites a lot of indirect evidence that entrepreneurship education matters, e.g. the sections on impact measurement of programmes (chapter 7), testimonials of participants (chapter 8), opinions of seasoned entrepreneurs (chapter 1 & elsewhere).
2. The authors make a convincing case that entrepreneurship teaching should address two main areas: business knowledge and personal development (§5.2, §8.12). Viewing the latter as a key ingredient of entrepreneurship education has a big impact on the design of the precise educational offering as it should combine business know-how with aspects like self awareness and social skill building. This perspective on entrepreneurship education also explains why this book devotes substantial attention to the concept of self-efficacy as an indicator for impact measurement.
3. The book points out the lack of a clear link between the scholarly literature on entrepreneurship and the implications for entrepreneurship education (§2.5). This book contributes to filling that gap.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
I've been trying to creatively replicate a lot of things that CfEL is doing in my business and those are little things that make all their programmes so special - was great to get first-hand explanations on why are done the way they are. Some of the seemingly irrelevant details like playing music to the audience suddenly made much more sense in the grand scheme of things.
A great book of tools and techniques you might need if you want to help entrepreneurs succeed!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Law for Small Businesses
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Surgery
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Surgery
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Surgery