on 16 May 2014
Most of it was geared for America so I didn't find this helpful at all. Short and sweet though. Not for me.
on 8 May 2014
Most of this is for the USA market not the uK market. Its a pity........I would like to see more for the UK
on 5 April 2015
Very Good.
on 25 March 2014
After purchasing this book I was hoping to learn something new about my purchase of the UK Chromecast but there was nothing in it I found useful. I was hoping that it would give tips in switching Wifi networks so as I could use when visiting friends without having to reinstall my Chromecast or useful apps for UK users but all the apps listed are for US companies except of course for Netflix which is self explanatory. Information on Plex is outdated as the Android app now has Chromecast support and is excellent for streaming from your computer. When I read the original information about rooting the device I thought it might be worth it only to find that this is not possible, I could have learned as much on the internet for free.
11 Comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2014
I bought this book when I purchased a Chromecast, and it made all the difference to my view of the Chromecast.

Before reading this book, I rated the Chromecast as 1 star, as I couldn't work out how to make it do what I needed it to. After reading the book, I altered my Chromecast review and rated it as 4 stars - for me, this book really made the difference between have a next-to-useless bit of electronics that I was hardly ever going to use into an excellent multimedia tool.

If you're already a digital multimedia geek, you probably don't need the book. But if you're not, it really is worth having.
on 21 May 2014
Thin in both volume and content. I have seen the freebie manuals that come along with other equipment more informative. Much more useful information available on t'internet.
on 5 May 2014
This didn't convince me that I should really invest in a Chromecast yet for my needs. Will perhaps think about it again in the future.
on 28 May 2014
Does what it says and so much more! Simple to install and simple to use and really, really useful. Brilliant!
on 22 June 2014
The book is small but worth it's weight in gold as the price not only gets you very useful info in how other Apps inter-relate with Chromecast but also includes a subscription to a monthly update in the form of a personalised email. I'm really glad I bought a copy.
on 19 April 2014
Did not realise that it was written for the American market. Ok but like most of these things it is all about going on line with a pc and downloading this that and the other. Not my thing, as I am a plug and play person and can't be bother to be over technical with gadgets.