on 2 February 2017
The book itself is good quality, and although the pages are quite thin I do find them to be strain-resistant and well made. The pictures are printed well, and the quality of the printing itself is splendid also. Just note, as others have said, the book is not at all very resistant to bending and it is a softback book; mine did arrive slightly bent, hence you may want to be cautious when it comes to arranging postage, and thus shouldn't necessarily cheap out on it (like I did XD)

For the book, it's gorgeous. There are great pictures with matching analogies for physical phenomena, and a lot of biomedical physics is involved, which is great considering I do Biology. The book is concise and has a great amount of information on the topics at hand, and a plethora of unique and interesting questions, and even chapter questions with fully drawn diagrams and even QR code based videos by Pearson explaining the issues and all of which are narrated as well as they are addressed. No steps are missed.

My only problem with the book is the lack of answers to some of the questions, which infuriated me quite a bit. This may just be my ignorance to them being obviously placed in the book, however I was not able to locate any of the answers for the discussion questions. Supposedly you are meant to buy them in not one, but two, two separate books (one for each set of chapters, i.e. 1-20 and so forth, at least from what I've noticed). I also noted that these books don't seem to get too many good reviews for the solutions, supposing they are vague, but I have no experience on that.

What I'd like to see from the Author would be the solutions provided free online or something along those lines, as It makes me sad to think that I wont be able to get some sort of gratification on whether or not my answers are correct for a good portion of the interesting questions in the book :(
VINE VOICEon 31 January 2007
Hi,

This book is a wonderful way to find out and repair gaps in basic engineering knowledge. If your undertaking around 'H.N'D' plus type level 'engineering' this must be on your bookshelf. The book is about as clear on its topics at this level as I have seen.

From basics to useful introductory explanations of and substantial topics as 'Electromagnetism' and 'thermodynamics' and 'Nuclear Physics'. This is a wonderful of its level book. Yes the size of the book is overkill and makes it hard to hold for very long periods. This would really help any one with engineering type studies who say missed out on 'A'-level 'Physics'. Yes it is a lot of money but its clear and obviously a 'labour of love' by the authors.
on 21 November 2013
Bought this for my son, a first year physics student and he loves it. Says it is informative, very helpful and a book he constantly refers to. I think he likes how it is laid out and presented which is important for material which already has a high level of difficulty to learn and understand.
on 27 October 2016
Fantastic book, covers all the stuff you need to know
on 6 October 2015
Pages are extremely flimsy and easy to wear and tear. Not your usual paperback quality GSM.
on 11 November 2016
Didn't come in mint condition but wasn't awful
on 4 August 2013
For everyone who completed his physical study fifty years ago and has plenty of free time.

The best price to weight ratio. Three kilograms of high quality printed paper.
on 19 October 2015
Superb for those that do not master math at a high level yet!
on 28 June 2017
Arrived in great condition, acts as a good overview for basics on my course.
on 17 February 2016
I hoped to learn about physics and this book helped me do that - It does exactly what it says on the tin!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse