on 13 September 2017
Lovely set and it's my first ever Waite deck. Love the cards and the book but the book is a little confusing due to the meaning but I prefer the little white book as it's not as negative with its meanings. But I still recommend it.
on 30 August 2017
Good book, very informative
on 30 June 2016
ok tarot
on 24 July 2012
Being a beginner/novice, I am pleased that I picked this traditional set for its reviews and design. Having the additional book with them was also helpful as is the little leaflet that you get anyway.
on 5 January 2017
very nice
on 1 May 2017
Lovely
on 30 December 2014
Good stuff
on 11 March 2005
I took up tarot after a reading that pretty much said I should take up tarot. There is a myriad of titles out there but for some reason I was drawn to these and i'm glad I was. In the pack you get a book explaining the cards, the cards and a chart for doing the celtic cross divination pattern.
The book itself goes into the history of tarot before approaching each card and telling you why it shows the picture it shows along with it's meanings when used in divination. It was written in 1910 and so mixes a tiny amount of latin and french in places, nothing to worry about and it is clear to understand if you take your time. it includes details of the celtic cross as well as 2 other patterns, I find the cross works fine for me, but it's good to have the others.
The cards are beautiful, well made and feel good when you are doing a reading. They come with a little booklet for interpretation which is not nearly as useful as the book.
The chart is fine if you are taking this as a game, if you are using it more seriously, you will learn the pattern and all it's positions before embarking on readings and will not need it.
It's a lot to learn so anyone thinking they can become an overnight prophet is in for a shock, you need to be willing to take your time because a card can mean so much in relation to where it comes out in your divination pattern.
As for being used as a divination tool, I did my first reading for a friend without any prompting from him until I had completed it and summerised all my findings. I was right on every single thing I had said including things that had happened to him that morning.
For me the book is what makes the difference, without it the little booklet the came in the cards just doesn't go into enough detail and I wouldn't have been as accurate in my readings.
If you are thinking of starting out, then this is for you. If you are already an experienced reader and just want another deck, you might be able to find these cheaper on their own but you could do a lot worse than have the book for reference.
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 June 2010
I was given this set as a gift some time ago. I must confess that I never really had much of an interest in Tarot reading, but the book that comes with these cards is written in such a way that it grabs your interest very quickly. There is a chart included with the set, which allows for basic card reading.
The cards themselves though are the star of the show. They are beautifully illustrated, and very clear.
I'd recommend this set to anyone who's curious about Tarot reading, and who'd like a nice gentle introduction.
on 4 October 2009
The cards in the Pack are of good quality with great detailed imagery which is exactly what I was looking for as my previous set were very hard to identify. The pack came with a celtic cross spread layout sheet with all the explanations written by the side, which I loved. The only downside was the book, which was very wordy and went into great detail about the origin of the images but gave only brief interpretations, which if you are trying to build on your skills isn't very helpful. I got better interpretations off the internet which I use in conjunction with my cards now. Overall though, it's a nice set.