- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
DB2 (R) Universal Database V8 Handbook for Windows, UNIX, and Linux: Universal Database Handbook for Windows and Unix Linux8 (IBM Press Series--Information Management) Paperback – 4 Aug 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
IBM DB2 Universal Database V8 offers breakthrough availability, manageability, performance, and scalability. Now, straight from IBM, there's a start-to-finish guide to DB2 Universal Database V8 administration and development for UNIX, Linux, and Windows.
This definitive reference covers every aspect of deploying and managing DB2 Universal Database V8, including database design for optimal performance, availability, and recoverability; day-to-day administration and backup; comparing, selecting, and using appropriate DB2 programming techniques; deploying networked and Internet-centered database applications; migrating to DB2 UDB from other databases or earlier versions of DB2; and much more.
Using real-world examples, this book shows how to take full advantage of DB2 V8's most powerful enhancements. Philip K. Gunning brings together IBM's best tips and techniques for saving time and money in every facet of database design, development, deployment, and administration.
- Leveraging DB2 V8's new Wizards, Advisors, and other automation/self-management features
- Using the enhanced DB2 XML Extender to build next-generation B2B applications
- Quickly creating Stored Procedures and UDFs with the new Development Center
- Exploiting multidimensional clustering, prefetching, materialized query tables, Java threading, and other performance improvements
- Using the DB2 improved monitoring and logging facilities
- Maximizing availability via online table and index reorganization and dynamic configuration
- Understanding the latest changes in the DB2 product family
About the Author
PHILIP K. GUNNING, Vice President of the Professional Services Division at DGI (Database-GUYS, Inc.), is responsible for the firm's DB2 UDB product training and consulting practices. A recognized expert on IBM DB2 database platform, he has earned IBM recognition as both a IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert in DB2 database administration and as a DRDA IBM Certified Solutions provider.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com