DB2 Universal Database V8.1 Certification Exam 700 Study Guide Paperback – 29 Sep 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
IBM DB2 Universal Database Certification gives you a powerfuladvantage in the marketplace for expertise on the world’s #1enterprise database platform. Passing IBM DB2 UDB V8.1 FamilyFundamentals Exam 700 earns you the IBM Certified Database Associatecertification and is the prerequisite for all intermediate and follow-oncertifications.
In this book, Roger E. Sanders―one ofthe world’s leading DB2 UDB experts, and an active participant inIBM’s DB2 UDB exam development process―covers everything youneed to know to pass DB2 UDB V8.1 Exam 700. Sanders covers every examobjective, beginning with a review of the DB2 family of tools andproducts, as well as fundamental database concepts such as SQL and dataconsistency.
This comprehensive study guide walks youstep-by-step through deployment planning; database security; SQL; DB2database object creation and management; database concurrency; and muchmore. Every chapter contains an extensive set of practice questionsclosely modeled on the actual exam, along with carefully explainedanswers. Coverage includes:
- Creating and deploying DB2 UDB databases
- Databaseobjects and IBM’s tools for creating, accessing, and manipulatingthem
- Protecting data: controlling access with authentication,authorities, and privileges
- Options and alternatives foraccessing DB2 data
- Using SQL to work with data objects such astables, views, and indexes
- Concurrency: maintaining dataintegrity and consistency in single- and multi-userenvironments
Whatever DB2 certification you’re planning to pursue, DB2 Exam700 is the foundation―and DB2 UDB V8.1 Certification Exam 700Study Guide is the solution.
- The definitive DB2 UDB V8.1 Family Fundamentals exam (Exam 700)preparation guide― straight from IBM
- Planning, security, data access, data objects, concurrency,management tools, SQL, and more
- Extensive sample questions based on the actual exam’s formatand approach
- Authoritative coverage of the DB2 exam and certificationprocess
- By Roger Sanders, best-selling DB2 UDB author andactive participant in IBM’s exam development process
About the Author
Roger Sanders is a Database Performance Engineer with Network Appliance, Inc. He has been designing and programming software applications for IBM PCs for more than 15 years and he has worked with the DB2 Universal Database and its predecessors for the past 10 years. He has written several computer magazine articles, authored a tutorial on Database Concurrency for IBM's DeveloperWorks web site, presented at three IDUG conferences, and is the author of seven DB2 titles (073842522, 0072133759 (best-selling all-in-one exam guide), 0071353895, 007353925, 0071345728, 0070580871, 007057725). Sanders should receive 4 Version 8 certifications before the first Version 8 book even hits the market.
Top customer reviews
3. Accessing DB2 UDB Data
4. Working with DB2 UDB Data
5. Working with DB2 UDB Objects
6. Data Concurrency
If you study this book and do the sample questions at the end of each chapter, you will certainly pass the exam with flying colours. These days most books on computer subjects are full of illustrations and detailed descriptions of how the menus can be navigated. They sit thick and proud on the shelves of your local bookstore but they are thin in content and value. Well this book is an exception. The time and money invested in it will not be wasted.
I also recommend another certification guide written by Baklarz and Wong as a valuable supplement to this. The Baklarz/Wong guide comes with a copy of the personal edition so that you can install the product on your own computer. It also covers some topics in greater depth and detail. If you don't understand say a security topic in the first guide, you can read about it in the other one where it is explained from a different perspective.
The next version (V9) of DB2 has been released already. You can get V9 certification help from IBM's developerworks website but this book is highly recommended until the authors rewrite it for V9 certification.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This book helped me pass the test with 95% (you need 61% to pass) a day later.
Naturally comprehensive. Has test questions AND answers. It does not each the theory of relational databases. You need to be clear on this. Now it certainly shows the many SQL options that IBM has implemented in dB2. But here also, you need to know that the book does not really teach SQL either. You are expected to already know SQL and have enough familiarity with dB2. The intent here is to cover the topics that will be in the exam, and do this well enough so that you can find any gaps in your knowledge and remedy these. The focus is strictly utilitarian. Lest you think this is too restrictive, let me note that it is often so with such books, and not just by IBM.
You might be encouraged to know that the book covers just the introductory certification. More advanced exams are outside its purview. For example, in a companion IBM text, "DB2 Version 8 - The Official Guide" by Zikopoulous et al, you can find more difficult topics to master. But if you are time constrained, the Study Guide will be better value.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon