- Paperback: 672 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; Pap/Cdr edition (13 Aug. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0130650765
- ISBN-13: 978-0130650764
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 2.6 x 23.4 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
8,233,140 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1894 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Databases > Database Design & Theory
- #3633 in Books > Computers & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- #6109 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- See Complete Table of Contents
DB2 Universal Database for OS/390 V7.1 Certification Guide (IBM (Prentice Hall)) Paperback – 13 Aug 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- IBM's definitive, authoritative DB2 for OS/390 and z/OS reference and self-study guide!
- The only comprehensive IBM(r) DB2 UDB V7.1 for OS/390 certification prep guide
- Covers administration, security, SQL, application development, tuning, and much more
- Contains dozens of expert DB2 tips, techniques and guidelines
- CD-ROM contains complete DB2 for OS/390 sample exam
Written by IBM Gold Consultants for DB2 and S/390
- The total resource for every professional running DB2 UDB V7.1 in OS/390 and z/OS environments
- Database administration, security, monitoring, tuning, SQL, and application development
- Sample test questions help you prepare for IBM's new DB2 UDB V7.1 for OS/390 exams
The CD-ROM included with this book contains a complete IBM DB2 for OS/390 certification sample exam.
IBM's DB2 Universal Database Version 7.1 for OS/390 delivers unparalleled performance, scalability, and reliability in today's enterprise e-business environments! Now, there's a complete, authoritative guide to deploying, managing, and developing applications with DB2 UDB V7.1 in both OS/390 and z/OS environments―and preparing for IBM's updated DB2 UDB V7.1 for OS/390 certification exam!
Direct from IBM, this comprehensive day-to-day reference for running DB2 UDB in OS/390 and z/OS environments is also the only book with the in-depth knowledge professionals need in order to pass IBM's latest DB2 for OS/390DBA certification exam. Full of expert tips, techniques, and guidelines, it covers virtually every aspect of working with DB2 UDB in enterprise server: administration, connectivity, development, and much more.
IBM Gold Consultants Richard Yevich and Susan Lawson present start-to-finish coverage of DB2's latest and most powerful enhancements, tools, and utilities, showing how to make the most of DB2 running on both OS/390 and next-generation z/OS platforms. Coverage includes:
- An overview of the DB2 UDB product family
- DB2 in OS/390 and z/OS environments: address spaces, attachments, interfaces, commands, and utilities
- Comprehensive security coverage, including access controls and auditing techniques
- SQL in depth: DB2 data structures, database objects, basic database design, and advanced coding
- DB2 UDB administration: maintaining data, backup/recovery, and more
- Performance monitoring and optimization: access paths, indexes, parallelism, buffer pool tuning, and subsystem tuning
- Data sharing: architecture and implementation in a Parallel Sysplex environment
- Detailed application development coverage: database extenders, cursors, stored procedures, triggers, object-relational extensions, locking, and concurrency
Whether you're deploying DB2 UDB V7.1 in an OS/390 environment, managing DB2 UDB V7.1, preparing for DB2 UDB V7.1 certification, or all three, DB2 Universal Database Version 7.1 for OS/390 Certification Guide will be your single most valuable resource.
About the Author
RICHARD YEVICH and SUSAN LAWSON are internationally recognized database consultants and principals of YL&A, Inc., an international firm specializing in consulting, performance audits and development of some of the world's largest and most complex databases. They are IBM Gold Consultants for DB2 and S/390. They are co-authors of DB2 Answers! and DB2 High Performance Design and Tuning. Both are award-winning speakers and are active authors in many trade journals.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you passed the 69 tests questions provided in the book for 516 the exam, you can then enroll for the test , because it is quite the same level. The sample tests give you the idea of the questions.
However, I am preparing again , and this time I am reading most from the on-line IBM manuals, which are very good.The book does not cover some of the topics such as application development, DSN commands, Security etc, in depth , which make quite a substantial portion of exam.
Unfortunatley neither the questions in the book nor in the sample exams at IBM's site give you a real feel, what they are going to ask! Further, I feel that the book as a "Certification Guide" is nowhere near to the actual exam. It does not give a feel as what % of questions will be expected from each chapter or some kind of distribution. Sample questions should be after each chapter for better preparation.
In spite of all these shortcomings, I must confess that this book was very good to cover most of the topics but one has to read the manuals in order to really pass the exam.
The material in the book may well cover the necessary topics for the certification test, but the stamina necessary to read it makes this choice clearly a poor one. You would be much better off reading Craig Mullins' latest DB2 Developer's Guide and portions of the DB2 Administration Guide to in preparation for the exams.
I give this book 2 stars only because the material covered seems to closely match what is on the test. Extracting the information from this book, however, is another matter.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Database Design & Theory