The Underwater Photographer Paperback – 24 Oct 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Packed with beautiful images and an easy-to read style, this book is both educational and inspirational."
Scuba Diving Magazine
Praise for the previous edition:
"In its third edition, The Underwater Photographer has evolved to become almost a standard work of reference. Martin Edge has developed his writing skills over the years, and we recommend this volume for anyone pursuing the now-less-than black art of underwater photography, especially with digital image-gathering in mind."--DIVE MAGAZINE PUBLICATION OF THE YEAR
"..let us just say that this is THE best underwater photo technique book on the market... PERIOD!"--DIVER magazine
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Despite those points, that I consider very minor, I think this book is downright awesome. All photos have clear descriptions of situation and settings, which is a great help (though I would have liked to have seen depth information, but since there is no technology available to work that into exif data of a pic, that would be very hard to remember)
But comming from Martin, that question has a clear answer: GET IT!.
I was waiting for the Spanish translation but could not wait. I have gone through it and it's clearly not disapointing.
A few reasons for previous editions owners:
* Martin gives this time clear directions on what he does. Always preceed by a warning "This is what I do, may be it's not the standard way, but it's my way". And clearly many (or all) suggestions make sense.
* The book brings Alex Mustard's work. It looks their collaboration in organizing trips, and wetpixel's posts it's not the only thing they share.
* There are clearer directions on how to improve your pictures on your computer.
For first time potential readers, some points:
* If you have not read any book from Martin, then you are really new in UW Photography. Get It!
* Read it
* Re-Read it
* Re-Read it, and wait until next Martin's edition.
Enjoy it as much as I've done!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this book, it is with me everywhere. Learned a lot, and still learning. Best buy this year.Published 14 months ago by Lillian Tveit
Item exactly as described, very quick delivery. Thanks very muchPublished 19 months ago by Amazon Customer
Husband loves this book.. Recommend to buy it if you do a lot of underwater diving.full of info.Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer
in my opinion, this is the best book about underwater photography for compact cameras and SLRs. It's a very technical book and it explains everything from lighting to composition. Read morePublished on 20 Oct. 2014 by mstankov
Absolutely lovely book! Colourful and informative! No doubt will be referred to over and over!Published on 19 Oct. 2014 by Rebecca Grainger
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Reference
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Techniques & Tips
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation