Understanding Motor Development: Infants, Children, Adolescents, Adults Hardcover – 1 Sep 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
David L. Gallahue is Dean of the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPER) and Professor of Kinesiology at Indiana University. He received his BS degree from Indiana University, MS degree from Purdue University, and EdD degree from Temple University. Dr. Gallahue is active in the applied study of motor development and movement skill learning of children in physical activity and sport settings. He is the author of numerous textbooks, book chapters, and journal articles. His work has been translated into Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and Greek. Dr. Gallahue has been a Visiting Professor, Guest Lecturer, and Keynote Speaker on over 200 occasions at universities and professional conferences in 18 countries. He is a past-president of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and past-chair of the Council on Physical Education for Children (COPEC) and the Motor Development Academy. He is an elected member of both the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education (AAKPE) and the North American Society for HPER.SD. He received the Healthy American Fitness Award, and is currently International Vice President for both the Asian Council on Exercise and Sport Science (ACESS) and the International Society for the Study of Children (SIEC). Gallahue has served as a consultant to two governing bodies of the U.S. Olympic Committee (USA Gymnastics & USA Skiing), the National Institute for Fitness and Sport (NIFS), and several school districts. He has been recognized nationally and internationally for scholarship and leadership focused on children and youth and has received Honorary Professorships at Beijing Sports University and Chengdu Sports University, both in China.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Child Development
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies