Understanding Film Theory Paperback – 17 Aug 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'This book addresses a very real gap in existing introductory texts that define, explore, and apply key theoretical concepts within the field of film studies.'
- Alison L. McKee, Assistant Professor, Department of Television-Radio-Film-Theatre, San Jose State University, USA
'This is the book that film students have long been waiting for: a clear, well-written and accessible introduction to film theory. Lucid theoretical exposition and case study film analysis offer readers the most intelligible summary of theory that I have yet encountered.'
- Paul Sutton, Head of Media, Culture and Language, Roehampton University, UK
'I wish I'd had this book as an undergraduate!'
- Lauren Ford, Film graduate, University of Southampton, UK
Understanding Film Theory adopts a modern, student-friendly approach to film theory that incorporates both classic and contemporary films from across a wide range of international cinemas --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Film theory can be incredibly dull and tedious, however this book is clearly set out and written in a tone that is informative and easily understandable.
The book is not too academic, so suitable for all levels, and provides other sources if you want further information.
Would highly recommend this book to any film student, or anyone interested in Film theory.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Criticism & Theory
- Books > School Books
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies