on 18 July 2013
This was a very informative book. To the point and in layman terms. I used it along with my camera, which worked very well. Spell check could have been used in places.
on 20 December 2013
This book I think should be aimed at complete beginners.I have a little experience and I understood it. Well written
on 29 April 2013
Perhaps this would help a real beginner more than it helped me. I did learn one or two things and I must admit the price of this book was more than reasonable. What I didn't enjoy was the fact that the author boosted Canon above Nikon which I felt was unfair as I consider Nikon to have a slight edge on Canon. I just felt that it was uncalled for.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 June 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book. The author's writing style makes it very easy to follow and understand what he is trying to portray. I have since read a few other of the author's books and suggest that anyone new to photography to give these books a try. I believe that most if not all of his books are available within Amazon.
on 21 June 2014
This is a fine book for the amateur photographer. Very good explanations for the lenses abrevations toward the end. All in all a good purchase, very useful.
on 2 September 2016
Not over impressed with this book, it is very basic and I have found better information for free on the internet; which was also more specific to my needs.