Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£11.99|
Save £8.20 (68%)
Understanding Brexit Options: What future for Britain? Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The author is a fervent Remainer. His argues passionately against Brexit on the basis that the UK economy would suffer considerable financial loss. He is dismissive of concerns over immigration which he finds unfounded and tasteless. He says we will have less sovereignty after Brexit not more. He urges another Brexit Referendum as he feels people voted Brexit for different reasons which in hindsight they would change if asked after the implications of Brexit are explained to them. The author even formulates a suggested wording for the second Referendum, the wording to which begs a Remain vote.
To my mind the author takes too pessimistic view of the financial outcome of the Brexit vote. Such pessimism was a feature of the Remain campaign and its Project Fear and as we know ther has been no such drastic financial outcomes. Any temporary losses can easily in my view be offset by practical steps to save money. It has been estimated that useless quangos cost this country £100 billion a year. Costs savings by abandoning pointless military interventions and vanity projects like HS2 would save billions as would ceasing the foreign aid budget. The list is endless.
I feel that the Brexit vote is a populist vote to some extent in that politicians are mistrusted. After all, not one person voted to join the EU. Successive governments introduced a federal type organisation by stealth. There are now signs that the with the growing populist feeling the EU will cease to exist in the very foreseeable future such that there will be nothing to Brexit from. I for one hope so.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Population & Demography
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Finance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > International
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > International
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Practical Politics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Emigration & Immigration