Format: Paperback|Change

This is the only book that I can trust to give me the exact information that i need. I have over a dozen biology books but they don't get a look in now i have this book. If your studying a level biology this covers everything.
on 2 December 2000
Published by Stanley Thornes in Dec. 1999, this book provides excellent coverage to A level studies. Brilliant for notetaking, it also includes some sample exam questions to test your revision progress. Also included are the interesting "Did you know?" sections, which include some very interesting facts. Having problems thinking of a investigation? This book includes a project suggestion section, with informative background knowledge. Buy this book!
on 7 October 2000
I have bought this book to help me study for my biology a'levels and not only is the book informative and educational , it also has some nice diagrams and illustrations, it is really helpful and i wouldn't trade it for the world. It has in all the topics covered on the A'level syllabus and it also has a cd to it which also has lots of illustrations and it has labs, and slides , etc. This book is awesome and i would recommend anyone who is doing biology at an advanced level or anyone who is just interesting in finding out about biology and the functioning of the different parts of the body to but it.
on 20 February 2006
After recieving top quality handouts from my teacher regarding various topics in my AS year, i was keen to find out which book he was using to produce these handouts. I bought it without hesitation, as it gives you a comprehensive, CLEAR understanding of each topic. I aced my exams (A at AS and A2) purely down to reading/ taking notes from this book, using my syllabus (WJEC)and any essential notes from teacher. You really can't go wrong with this book!
on 13 November 2011
Excellent.I bough this book for my neice to help her with her medical studies,she is very pleased with it.

I chose Amazon, because past dealings with them.For there discription of products,easy payments and quick deliveries.
on 11 June 2012
this is a great book with many pieces of information inside it, even tho i think it is mainly for students at school it does have soem very usefull information inside. I have added it to my book collection at home and it does come in usefull a lot of the time. Its just a reference book that if the information that you cant find in one book then it may be in this book. We collect a lot of books in our lives as book lovers and information lovers and this is a good one to have on your shelf.
on 5 October 2013
This book is in great condition, amazing value for money; huge content for just £2.81! I bought this to help me with my Biology A Level and it's been extremely helpful with homeworks - definitely reccommend for A Level (and above) Biologists!
on 26 February 2013
I'm currently doing an Access to Higher Education in Science course. Basically like A-levels to get you to university but for older people that just messed around for a few years being clueless in what they wanted to do with their life and ended up crying whilst drinking red wine on an evening...

Anyway this is a good book for studying at this level, it's full of brilliantly laid out pages with great diagrams and pictures. Including a very sexy one of a cane toad eating a pygmy possum like the giant invasive sods they are!

The only downside is that it doesn't explain who Toole and Toole are! Are they a married couple? brother and sister? two biologists that happened to share the same name and decided that "Toole and Toole" would be a great thing to appear in the citations of badly written assignments about micro-organisms? I don't think they'd be brother and sister, I mean we all love our siblings (some of you more than you're legally allowed!) however I doubt anyone could love a family member enough to sit and write a book nearly 700 pages long with them!

As for husband and wife! Well what kind of couple go "Darling? Darling? Shall we write a biology book together darling?" a sickly and irritating one. They may be a Biology book writing super team but they're probably really annoying, finishing each other's sentences with a smile. Oh the other hand they could have got together whilst working on the book. They've reached the chapter on reproduction and whilst Glenn talks about the penis Susan is blushing and looking at her shoes. Before you know it, they're in bed together! Their post coitus pillow talk probably consisted of which bacteria they should include pictures of in their books.

Then before you know it they got married and lived happily ever, churning out edition after edition of the book that helped build their loving relationship. It's one of the greatest love stories ever imagined.

Anyway it's a good book, I think you should get it or at least do what I did and befriend someone that will give you their second hand copied because they've gone to study Chemistry at university and no longer need a book on biology as biology is for squares and all the cool kids are doing chemistry. But I ask you this! Is there a power house chemistry book writing couple? I doubt it!
on 23 August 2015
A book which will guide you not just through A levels but your degree and medical profession. People who understand science of biology so well and convey it in a way that your able to grasp with ease.
on 30 August 2010
this book covers a wide range of biological topics in great detail, it has clear diagrams which aid understanding and lots of interesting facts in it. I highly recommend this book, especially if you are learning A-level biology